Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Vardy drinking port in a Lucozade bottle the night before games and 3 red bulls on match days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Horny chat reminded me of this:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The funny poo poo I remember is that this was only a yelllow.

And the Netherlands lost that final :bisonyes:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Suddenly remembered this lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

vyelkin posted:

i just remembered when 180 million euro man kylian mbappe missed the decisive penalty and sent france home in the round of 16 at euro 2020

Do you also remember how earlier that game he had a miss so bad that he faked an injury to make it looks less bad?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sticksy posted:

I don’t remember what tournament or game this was from but makes me lol every time

:nws:

Same, I think it was the previous world cup? I got probated for posting it in a match day thread lol.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I checked my rapsheet because I got probated by some former mod of this forum for posting that image :jerkbag:
7/11/2018, so this:

Mickolution posted:

Looks like England Sweden from 2018 on the TV behind. They're English fans, and England went out in the groups in 2014 (lol).

checks out.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNKK4WLJqWY

Alex Song thinking that Puyol wants him to lift the trophy instead of Eric Abidal, who recovered from cancer in that season :allears:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Happened this weekend but I just remembered it
https://twitter.com/ElevenSportsBEn/status/1442391055836516353?s=19

When your control is so bad you fool the defenders.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Balotelli trying (and failing) to score with some Zidane-like flick during a friendly pre-season game. And then immediately getting subbed off :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6t_FCQ6Vc

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sticksy posted:

Advertisements like this make me wonder what their dignity is worth to pro athletes vs what a normal person would accept financially for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4zYt4roWWM

I love how Ronaldo doesn't actually use the product though

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sticksy posted:

What was extra-strange was that Arsenal players usually choke by themselves

:discourse:

That time Nigel De Jong karate-kicked Xabi Alonso and got away with it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Wazzerphuk posted:

That time Chelsea subbed off Mendy for Kepa in the 120th minute of the league cup final, and not only did he fail to save any of the eleven penalties he faced, but then spooned his one 9000 miles over the bar, losing Chelsea the final

Just remembered this and lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Wazzerphuk posted:

One day I'll try to fix it, it's been stuck on the same set of fixtures for nearly a year, But the Liverpoo and B̧a̧ŗça̧ features will not be removed.

e: I did it, please clap
It's too dark, change it back :crossarms:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

:cheersbird:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

jeebus bob posted:

What
Chupachups are sold petty much everywhere, they are not exclusive to the anglosphere.

The name is Spanish and means something like licky-lick, so they're probably from a Spanish speaking country.

Chupar = to suck. So it's actually sucky suck :tipshat:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

That's not a Vespa. Looks like an MBK Booster.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sticksy posted:

Pochettino pretending he didn’t speak English and using a translator in press conferences

Kinda the opposite of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mj0Huxajk

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

the sex ghost posted:

Everton paying sports interactive actual real money to use the football manager database to scout players

This seems like a smart thing to do and iirc more clubs are doing this nowadays?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, I can't find the clip but when a football fan saw that one of the players was named "Kuntz" and pointed it out to the fan next to him while giggling.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It reminded me of Balotelli forgetting where he parked his Maserati and remembering months later that he left it at the airport

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Shrapnig posted:

No it didn’t

You're right.
I looked it up and some teammates did leave a bag of fish in his car, just before they left on their US tour.
Balotelli only found out 2 weeks later and the car's interior was ruined.

And that reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6t_FCQ6Vc

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Antony doing some silly 720 degrees spin skill move and passes the ball out of play immediately after

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Robinho thinking he joined Manchester United but actually signed for Manchester City

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

EC10 posted:

man utd

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
He took a poo poo on Crystal Palace's bus driver??

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sticksy posted:

Tough call - on one hand, it’s very funny that Owen paid media consultants lots of money and that’s what they came up with (it is annoying it somehow “worked”.)

With Giggs, it’s only him really making an effort and trying clumsily to be romantic but he doesn’t really have the mental or emotional tools to express it so he instead just talks about her in sexual terms. He did actually make it rhyme and it’s all very funny, so I have to vote Giggs for most cringe

Also “my greatest ever coo

"I remembered because I was high as a kite"

That doesn't make sense :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
No goal

Only registered members can see post attachments!