Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bizarre that a football club is tweeting this. What's the significance? I assume they're gonna start taking loans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That boy was a real human puppy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I know I’m missing the point but that was a really good advantage played by Clattenburg.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Some good lols on this page but this is a big lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

And the grain’s name? Mo Salah.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The firing of a global head of marketing probably has a lot of factors beyond negotiating a single sponsorship deal.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's such humiliation for Kepa I almost feel bad for him

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The actual incident is icky as hell but it’s, uh, not a footjob

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

brocked posted:

I didn't even know the pug's gender
lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I totally forgot that he played for City.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Missed technically means you didn’t get it on target. It undersells how legendary Morocco’s keeper was.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

There was a wave of week-long probes as a result of a QCS thread on boxing day that didn't go down well. A number of TRP posters got dinged for being in the thread, meaning they missed posting about a load of matches and ninpo decided he had had enough of the admins messing around. I hope he comes back because he's a good lad. Pooshited o7

Darren Ferguson getting sacked as Preston manager and Alex Ferguson immediately recalling like 4 man united players they had on loan
Which thread was it?

Also ironic because Ninpo would routinely give comedy sixers that kept TRPers from match posting :shrug:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1611697837653528578

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

This was actually the funny football poo poo I suddenly remembered, but I couldn’t find this exact picture in a decent size.

Everything about their outfits is bizarre imo. This picture was taken in 2008 when precisely nothing they were wearing were in style. Short shorts on guys weren’t fashionable yet. Camo cargo shorts were out of style. Slides wouldn’t come back for another like 10 years, and I don’t even remember colored Birkenstocks existing back then. I don’t even know what is going on with his shirt and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a sleeveless jersey(?) with a crew neck in another context.

Also Rooney is wearing glasses that may actually be goggles and his slides appear to be too small for his feet.
It’s bizarre that you think they’re trying to be fashionable in that shot. They’re clearly trying to be comfortable. And hell, good for them. The lollipop is a funny look but it’s all kinds of insecure to be mocking his shorts or sandals. Be comfortable in your body, OP.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Was Ronaldo still playing in 2006? I totally forgot about it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t know what Kane expects everyone to do with that thing. No one’s gonna hang on the wall a frame of someone else’s achievements wtf lol.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’s six foot two he will do you

https://youtu.be/MqSJMnrHPLw

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

why is that funny

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s a pretty common saying in sports :shrug: But of course it’s very funny because women

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I totally forgot that after that, Arsenal somehow still scored and held the lead throughout most of the game.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I was going to say, wasn't this the era when the Sports Interactive "scouts" especially in the smaller/lower leagues was just some lad with a biro and a pad writing down nonsense?
Most scouts are just old men with a biro and a pad. They’re not much better.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

mila kunis posted:

Just suddenly remembered the england euro 2000 squad. Just look at it, phwoar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2000_squads

Then they finished third and got knocked out in the group stage behind Romania lmao.
Were 20 year old Gerrard and Owen world beaters? Some of those players seem like they’re there before their prime.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal lowballing the best left back in the world and trading him for William Gallas is funnier imo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How does 400k a week sound more than 20m lol. I don’t think people are just looking at the numeric part of the amount

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Holy poo poo lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Trends are cyclical. In 2025 pepball will be about centerbacks who can send long balls into the penalty box. It’ll be a 60 goal season for Haaland.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love the idea that Scotland’s novel, sophisticated passing game was just creating a buddy system.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

joepinetree posted:

People mocking Harry Kane for never having won a single title at the professional level. Only for him to leave and join Bayern Munich, only to see Munich's streak of 11 straight titles potentially snapped.
This ain’t funny yet. Pretty sure Leverkusen is gonna choke. There’s no goodness left in football.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

yeah the funny thing is not that his career tanked, it's that Americans are so insane they made a 14-year-old boy the highest-paid player in MLS and then contractually obligated his team to play him in every match for hooting crowds of men waving signs sponsored by Home Depot
I just read about it. $500,000 a year for a 14 year old. What the gently caress.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol I wonder how much of that poo poo flies today. Yellow cards for dissent and red card VARs for all the hand on face shoves.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

a witch being blackmailed by Paul Pogba
and the witch’s name? mbappe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Suarez celebrating a goal at the corner flag and realizing none of his Liverpool mates are celebrating with him