Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the babelcopter

charles insomnia

jermaine pennant forgot his porsche at a spanish train station and so it just sat there for like years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
yaya toure wanting to leave man city because his birthday cake wasn't good enough

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
crouchie's having his nachos

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A bird poo poo in Ashley Cole's mouth
Gary Lineker poo poo his pants in the middle of a match

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh poo poo yeah I was thinking Ashley Young and wrote Ashley Cole by mistake

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that one american fifa exec who looked like santa claus and had an entire apartment in trump tower for his cats

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Leicester City firing Nigel Pearson after his son was one of the players who decided to generate goodwill on their goodwill tour of thailand by filming each other getting rimjobs while yelling racial slurs at the hookers

Leicester City replacing him with Claudio Ranieri, who's most recent job was leading 2004 champions (and pot one seeds) Greece to a sixth-place finish in their six-team qualifying group, behind Northern Ireland, Romania, Hungary, Finland, and the Faroe Islands (population 52,000)

Some stuff that happened the following season

that poster who wrote that it was the only season that both began and ended by yelling kiss the rings

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
howard webb gave that a yellow lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Carlos Kaiser, the footballer who had a long and storied fake career

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

knew what this was before opening it, opened it anyway, 10/10 would check out ozil's middle part again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm not a fuckin wheeler and dealer

Poor old Rosie, she's dead now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the entire Jozy thread tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Michael Owen hating films because he doesn't understand the concept of acting

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Thierry Henry crashing the Irish economy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

your friend wicka posted:

England still mad after 1-1 years lol

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Lafferty owns and also had a very good goalscoring record while he was at Palermo. I would love to find out what finally drove Iachini to want him out; he must've done something absolutely insane. I'm guessing somebody's wife is involved.

I mean, do you really need more information than him being an Irishman without rules who disappeared for weeks on end to look for Milanese women and had two families with six children?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Almost as good is Sepp Blatter being mad that Qatar bribed their way to host 2022 because he'd planned to rig Russia and the United States to host 2018 and 2022 and the Qataris outbribed Sepp's rigging.

Hotel staff holding up big sheets in the middle of the sidewalk so journalists couldn't get photos of FIFA execs doing perp walks.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Jeremy Corbyn and hector bellerin were having a conversation and piers Morgan tried to join in so they started speaking Spanish so he couldn't

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovfYaQoPoY

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Gérard Depardieu, tim roth and sam neill basically scammed fifa out of millions by putting no effort into making a film about fifa

lol I forgot about this

e:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think the thing is it was coming out at the same time as FIFA corruption was big news, reviews from early festival screenings were abysmal, and theatre chains unsurprisingly responded to these two things by saying lol gently caress off there's no way in hell we're showing that

e: that Boxofficemojo link says it was released in 10 theatres in the US and made $607 in total, which is $67/theatre which means like 6 people saw it at each one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Back in January 2009, Arshavin was Arsenal's record signing, costing a whole £15 million.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

off to sign paul konchesky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That time Gerrard was subbed on against Man U, immediately jumped on somebody's leg, and got sent off within like 20 seconds.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Extremely funny that Di Matteo won Chelsea the CL and they were so confused by it that they gave him a long-term contract and then sacked him immediately.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Why is he so bald?

Steroids, OP

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that time milan jovanovic tried to head a football

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Good feet for a big lad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

We were chatting at work today about our favourite 'player at a mid to low level prem club has a good last month of the season and generates a load of noise that they deserve to be on the plane' moments. Fondly remember Bullardmania for euro 2008 but forgot about Grant Holt's cruel omission for 2010 I think

Rickie Lambert was in the 2014 World Cup squad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i just remembered when 180 million euro man kylian mbappe missed the decisive penalty and sent france home in the round of 16 at euro 2020

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
by far my favourite Joey Barton story is the time he was playing FM and got in a fight with himself.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

this made me lol irl

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The ball that was too round and made Diego Forlan look like the best player in the world because he was the only one who bothered to practice with it beforehand.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Poor old Rosie, she's dead now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
just remembered that wijnaldum gets to play with messi after all

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
just remembered that arsenal were the biggest PL spenders this summer

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

The time Neil warnock took Sheffield United on a team bonding weekend to Scarborough, went bowling, got the whole team to agree to £10 each winner take all, pulled out his own custom bespoke ball and shoes, bowled a 250 and took all their money

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transfer deadline day reminds me of The Babelcopter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao