Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

trem_two posted:

Every Harry Redknapp interview conducted like this

"Speeding ticket? Never learned to drive, couldn't afford a car when I was a teen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

I still maintain Owen only signed for man u so that Ferguson had someone to talk about his racehorses with

Supposedly Owen is absolutely legit when it comes to racehorses. (Unlike football) he knows his stuff, runs a great setup, his horses are always there or thereabouts, and he talks interestingly about them.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Owen knows his poo poo about football he's just dull as gently caress

Yeah, that's fair. I caught a bit of him during the European games this week and he was calling out Pep's, "Qualifying for the last 16 is where we want to be."

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Fellas, is it gay to sing, "God save the king?"

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Rooney getting arrested for being drunk in public when he arrived in the US but he was just walking around being scouse

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Me at 6am outside the boulangerie on my holidays in St Tropez

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Scott Parker's cardigans.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
It was only a week ago, but I remembered this from a week ago.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Big Sam drinking a pint of wine.
Big Sam spotting a fiver by the dugout, offering it to the AR, and when he refused happily sticking it in his own pocket.
Big Sam.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

bigsam.meme.jpeg

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

The fact that this worked and would likely still be ongoing today except someone told his girlfriend that they had seen him on TV winning the premier league

"Yeah, babe. I brought my boots to the stadium and someone had an injury. Happens all the time. Ask anyone."

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Man who was cursed quoted as saying, "What are you going to do? Curse me?"

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Leeds getting cardboard cutouts of fans to put in the stadium during lockdown and bin laden and Jimmy saville making it in.

I'll have B please Bob!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

If we're on the subject of footballer cars:

Hell yeah

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Dual Monarchy posted:

It's funny especially when France got knocked out of the following World Cup that qualifier game was for in groups*.
Point is, if France couldn't do it, the Republic of Ireland mens national team definitely wouldn't have. I don't understand to this day why anyone on this dumbfuck island thought we would have gotten anywhere further than France did.

*I think it was for 2010 World Cup but I may be misremembering.

Fella, you underestimate the quantity of dodgy plumbers working for dodgy landlords, doing half assed jobs on sites, on occasion, or at the time putting bills into NAMA, who would be happy for a jolly away from "her at home" aka "the old ball and chain" to go support "the lads in green."

It's why Keane is apostate. He demanded professionalism from the biggest bunch of slackards and drunks on the face of earth. And that was just the players. Imagine it seeped through to gen pop. There'd be carnage.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
It only happened the other week, but with the only two former footballers on TV who seem to actually enjoy football on TV together now (Peter Crouch and Ally McCoist) have some of McCoist being excited about what the stadium DJ is playing.

https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1780698478550864221

""Cannae beat a bit of AC/DC man!""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Not so much funny but heartfelming. Rooney picking up the young wans and going to a hotel room where he fell asleep in a really uncomfy chair and gave them the double bed to do all their posing in, and if they ever wanted to sleep.

Proper gentleman. One of the few footballers I'd trust.