Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was gonna say the only thing I like about Sami is he's willing to lose, so of course this is the one time he wins*

*Per Cagematch, that's not exaggeration; in 2021 this is the first match he's won on an actually-televised Impact thing (he also had a win on Xplosion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Don Callis promo was really good, I thought. And Swann's thoughtful reaction was also good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

The Don Callis promo was really good, I thought. And Swann's thoughtful reaction was also good.

Agreed. Kenny needs to win though. Then Rich can win it back to complete the redemption story down the line (even though I think Rich is overrated; Impact doesn't really have anyone in their main event scene I wanna watch).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agreed. Kenny needs to win though. Then Rich can win it back to complete the redemption story down the line (even though I think Rich is overrated; Impact doesn't really have anyone in their main event scene I wanna watch).

I think Moose is probably winning it back off of Kenny. Or Ace or Bey with Option C.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

reignofevil posted:

Supposedly Kenny Omega won't have the good brothers at his side during the upcoming PPV match with Swann. No idea where Swann got that idea but he's committed he won't have Chris Sabin at his side nor will he have Moose at his side. If they said yes, I'd bring them!!!

its because this 3v3 was the ppv match where he got pinned. the one he mentioned already. hes saying things will be different because, the match, is not a 3v3 this time.

also the tommy dreamer thing is for a show in april, as they said, not this episode.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

I think Moose is probably winning it back off of Kenny. Or Ace or Bey with Option C.

If he's still there. I think his contract is up this summer and WWE will probably make a play for him now that spousal abuse and being staggeringly bad at Twitter isn't a dealbreaker for them.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't know if Kenny Omega NEEDS to beat Rich Swann. I think there are more stories to tell with AEW guys coming to Impact to take back their title than vice-versa, personally.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big Biceps Tony ain't sending his boy over to another company to do the J-O-B

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Oh god they are going to do a screwjob with Callus betraying Kenny for Swann

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT ON FRIDAY ON NEW JAPAN STRONG

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Don Callis sells out everybody in return for a copy of Emi Sakura's mixtape of Queen rarities.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That Callis promo last night was top tier.

I felt every word. Dude is incredible and so smart.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ICR posted:

That Callis promo last night was top tier.

I felt every word. Dude is incredible and so smart.

I thought he was quite good but a little hokey when he was The Jackyl. Nowadays, he is completely tuned in. He gets it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Royal Updog posted:

I thought he was quite good but a little hokey when he was The Jackyl. Nowadays, he is completely tuned in. He gets it.

Yeah I have no idea what changed. Maybe it’s the executive roles he has had where he has had to make big dog decisions, but yeah, he just exudes that confidence and executive presence.

I could absolutely picture him in a board room.

Love seeing this guy behind the mic now.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ICR posted:

Yeah I have no idea what changed.

Evil Uno and Callis both rule so I can only infer that working a shoot IT job in Canada is the key to wrestling success.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You are absolutely right Updog. I can’t deny your facts. It’s that!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT ON FRIDAY ON NEW JAPAN STRONG

If this results in Don eventually working his way back around to AEW with Ibushi or Tana in tow, it's worth it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Stephanie was gonna fire John Cena before she saw the style sheets he came up with for Tim Hortons. The rest is history

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Oh god they are going to do a screwjob with Callus betraying Kenny for Swann

...no they're not?

That's Russo levels of not making sense, and literally none of the booking in either AEW ever OR Impact in recent memory suggests they're that dumb.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
It also doesn't fit with Callis being openly biased towards Kenny when doing commentary during Kenny's NJPW matches.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rebellion moved to April 25th, a Sunday.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Probably good to move it away from a gigantic UFC.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://impactwrestling.com/2021/03/25/impact-wrestling-moves-to-thursdays/

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This poster on Reddit who leaks poo poo and is usually right says Impact is moving to Thursdays starting April 8th.

Edit: fatherofmustard above wins! Boom

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

how many times has this been that they came back to Thursdays

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Couldn't handle the competition from the TazCalibur podcast.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Impact made a fun 30 second clip for the move too.

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1375172130824974340?s=21

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Tony Khan going to run an ad talking about how Impact couldn't take the competition from AEW Dark

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
April 8th show is headlined by Swann/Edwards/Mack vs. Omega/Good Brothers, so that should be a selling point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Bey hurt

https://twitter.com/DashingChrisBey/status/1375318819716046853?s=20

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

ICR posted:

Impact made a fun 30 second clip for the move too.

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1375172130824974340?s=21

I'll never not pop for Swann — or anyone, for that matter — hitting the Zandig pose

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm calling my shot and saying Thea Trinidad/Rosita will face Deonna Purazzo at Rebellion for the title.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Some updates from tonight's episode:

A Taylor Wilde teaser:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1377069634352988161?s=20

And a couple of matches set for Hardcore Justice:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1377071405049724935?s=20

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1377072654239211522?s=20

And there's a Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs Rich Swann, Willie Mack & Eddie Edwards main event next week.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Put the belt on Jazz, you cowards!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

And out walked... Braden Walker
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1377052521756291072

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus Christ I think Braden Walker got in even worse shape

E: he stood there, like a DUMB person, staring DUMBLY

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I assume Harris doesn't wrestle anymore since this is the first time I've heard his name in a while. What's he been up to?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I assume Harris doesn't wrestle anymore since this is the first time I've heard his name in a while. What's he been up to?

About 300lbs

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Forgot to post the mandatory B&V video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnwj-w8yfs

Has Vinny reacted to this news yet or is he still steadfast on not watching anything Impact-related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao perfect