Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What on earth happened to Impact last night?? They drew 38K viewers after drawing 119K least week?

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=141872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

What on earth happened to Impact last night?? They drew 38K viewers after drawing 119K least week?

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=141872

there were a bunch of elite 8 games yesterday, they announced the Thursday move and people may have hosed up on when it was happening, the weather's improving, it's TNA, hell there's probably at least a few reasons.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's been written elsewhere that the number could be an error, and that's my gut feeling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

It's been written elsewhere that the number could be an error, and that's my gut feeling.

Seems like it.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=145399

IMPACT WRESTLING AUDIENCE UPDATE - INITIAL AUDIENCE NUMBER WAS AN ERROR - Episode did 148K Viewers

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Thursday's Impact averaged 168,000 viewers on AXS TV, up from the 149,000 viewers that the final Tuesday episode of the show averaged last week. This was Impact's best viewership number since February 23.

Thought they're going to get slaughtered by NXT and Bloodsport, but lmao can't kill the undead. The Bullet Club / Edwards, Mack & Swann main didn't hurt either.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Today's show has been a fun watch.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Roasted Donut posted:

Today's show has been a fun watch.

I wasn't able to watch it live due to work, was Petey Williams his Team Canada self or Little Petey Pump?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great farewell to Jazz with the whole locker room emptying out to applaud her after one last promo and win

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1382861650626179075?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Huh.

Huh?

edit: oh gently caress he's Canadian isn't he.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

5 ways to win for Kenny Omega
5 ways to win for Rich Swann

Both voiced by Mauro. These are great.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

It feels weird to type this but bringing Mauro on might actually be the thing that gets me to watch this PPV. I really liked him when I watched NXT and I miss the Mamma Mia :unsmith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lethrom posted:

It feels weird to type this but bringing Mauro on might actually be the thing that gets me to watch this PPV. I really liked him when I watched NXT and I miss the Mamma Mia :unsmith:

Kinda in the same boat. Swann can disappear forever for all I care, but I'm sure he and Kenny will have a good match and it'll be interesting to see the next chapter of Omega's run unfold. Mauro is the icing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nevaeh's done

https://twitter.com/nevaehOi4k/status/1382853276119404549

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering her husband left not too long ago, I'm not surprised.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rebellion is 3 days away

Matt Cardona vs Brian Myers
Chris Sabin, James Storm, Eddie Edwards and Willie Mack vs Violent by Design (Eric Young, Joe Doering, Cody Deaner and Rhino)
Trey Miguel vs Sami Callihan in a Last Man Standing match
Fire n Flava (Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz) defend the Knockouts tag titles against Jordynne Grace and Rachael Ellering
Deonna Purrazzo defends the Knockouts title against Tenille Dashwood
FinJuice (David Finlay and Juice Robinson) defend the tag titles against Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson)
Ace Austin defends the X title in a triple threat against TJP and Josh Alexander
AEW champ Kenny Omega vs unified Impact/TNA champ Rich Swann, all titles on the line

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 23, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly that looks like a pretty good card

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I bought it. Looking forward to it.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Benne posted:

Agreed, there's going to be some real good stuff there.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I am actually hyped about Taylor Wilde coming back to wrestling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

:agreed:

Would be perfect if :swoon:Taurus:swoon: was on the card in some fashion, but I'm looking forward to belt collector Kenny continuing, Sami getting KO'd, Joe loving Doering, and potentially champ Tenille

smikey posted:

I am actually hyped about Taylor Wilde coming back to wrestling

:same: I think it was supposed to happen sometime last year before COVID happened, glad that just delayed things and didn't make her change her mind altogether

smikey
May 22, 2004
oh hey, Rachel Ellering

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

smikey posted:

oh hey, Rachel Ellering

Somewhat surprised it wasn’t Rosita, but Ellering is a good pick up.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Help, I'm thinking about buying an Impact PPV, someone stop me

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

Somewhat surprised it wasn’t Rosita, but Ellering is a good pick up.

thank you for your commitment to being the TNA poster.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
To be fair, reports said that Thea Trinidad had signed a short-term contract with an undisclosed promotion. She hasn’t show up anywhere else yet, so why not?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

To be fair, reports said that Thea Trinidad had signed a short-term contract with an undisclosed promotion. She hasn’t show up anywhere else yet, so why not?

My guess is still that this contract Thea has signed is something to do with video games, not wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

it was more the referring to her as Rosita that I was complimenting you on.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

karmicknight posted:

it was more the referring to her as Rosita that I was complimenting you on.

Oh. Well, I mean, that WAS her ring name.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So I can get Rebellion for $20 in the UK. I haven't watched an episode of Impact since December. Leaving the main event aside, would I be sports-entertained to the tune of $20 by this show?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

So I can get Rebellion for $20 in the UK. I haven't watched an episode of Impact since December. Leaving the main event aside, would I be sports-entertained to the tune of $20 by this show?

The card looks decent but I think it depends on how much you think you'll like Omega vs Swann

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it depends how much you can tolerate an empty crowd with fake crowd noise imo

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1386100043329925122

I think this PPV has had the most positive buzz for Impact since, like, Destination X 2012.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It helps when one of the company VPs is long time good friends with one of the top stars and biggest draws outside of WWE. Even if this is just Kenny doing him a favor.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've seen some people complaining about AEW not promoting it which is fair but also I'm sure they're just fine with getting the $40 from schmucks like myself who wouldn't have bought the PPV otherwise.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
TNT showed commercials for it during Dynamite. Not promoting it on the show itself makes plenty of sense within AEW context since it's considered a rogue move from Kenny.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Jim Ross mentioned it during commentary this past episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
AXS TV is replaying Hard to Kill right now, if you didn’t see it three months ago.