Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Needs more red and also some upside down wallpaper, maybe a chandelier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/undiesmillhouse/status/1360915551212642306?s=21

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

bee posted:

Hello thread! Our bathroom is finally almost finished - we're just waiting on the glazier to come and install the sliding shower door but here's some before/after pictures:

Looks really good! Is there another drain in the shower alcove or does all the water drain to the middle of the room?

E. Nm I see it under the bench.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 14, 2021

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

How many is “large numbers?”

Not all recessed lights are crappy builder grade cans. Check out Nora Pearl or Halo ML for examples.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

When I built my kitchen I made one:

It works great but I recognize oftentimes space does not permit something like this. There’s another smaller one for the coffee maker and such back in one corner of the counter, but the coffee maker gets so much use I only use that when we have company over.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

actionjackson posted:

do any of you have a single pendant over a round table? I've often read you want a diameter 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the table diameter, but that seems kind of ridiculous. the semi pendant from gubi has a 11.8" or 18.5" version, and my table is 31.5". I think the sweet spot is probably around 15", but 18.5" seems absurd. you are very close to the recommended limit of 6" on each side.

I'm going to guess that this image is the 18.5" version over a 30" table, and to me the light looks way too dominant. Also reaching over would be a bit weird if you were standing.

I have one, though it’s over an oval tulip table. The lamp is 25” and the table is 35” wide (60” long). Also for reference ceilings are 11 feet, so that might affect the general look of things and how high the pendant can be (the bottom of it is about 7 feet from the floor). It looks pretty good.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Here’s the table from the long side. 4 chairs works, especially if you put them in a square. But the rug is too small (it’s temporary).

The light could be a bit lower, but it would look odd at 28-36”. 28 would be at my chin and 36 basically eye level.

Your example really seems low to me. Definitely would be too low for a pendant like this one, it would take up too much space.

E. “Guidelines” I’m seeing are 30-36 inches for 8 inch ceilings, with an additional 3” in height per foot above 8 feet.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 19, 2022

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Barely, there are three bulbs and one is partially visible. It could come down 3-6 inches for sure.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

60x35, it’s 29” tall.

I have some chain, I’m going to drop it about a foot and see how it looks (I’ll be better).

As far as the diameter, I think it’s fine as far as size. But I think the oval shape changes things because you’re further from the edge of the lamp.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Who’s in the urn

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

mutata posted:

Besides, there's precisely nothing that you can do with the space between cabinet top and ceiling that doesn't look like pack rat poo poo or TGIFridays fan art.

You can put a dozen questionably-wired outlets

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I think it means the first $750 is duty-free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007