Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Build a little stage in it and practice your monologues and your tight 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

deoju posted:

Thanks for the tips.

Something fully custom would be cost prohibitive at the moment, but some plants sounds like a good launching point.

Your mother in law was right, you'll never amount to a hill of beans in Hollywood OR Broadway at this rate!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A lot of commercial bathrooms are wet rooms with room drains, even in America.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A lot of these flat LED fixtures have temperature settings on them, too, so you can often times just open the light again and set it warmer or cooler.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Blinds.com is the cellular shade place, but what model of shades are good or should be avoided there? Any more detailed recommendations?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

actionjackson posted:

all I can say is Hunter Douglas is expensive, but worth it. I adjust each three times a day - I'm on the first floor so I have the ones that open on bottom and top, which is basically an absolute requirement for privacy purposes. I expose the bottom in the morning, top at night, and then close before bed. Cheap blinds are not going to last ten years when you are doing that ~1000 times a year. The "repair" part is just because the little string that is knotted can sometimes fall in the hole and it's difficult to get out. But it's easy to find someone with a phd or whatever the gently caress from HD to come to your house and fix them.

I appreciate this line of thinking, and I don't disagree, but it's gonna be cheap shades or no shades at all. I'm not going to adjust them 3 times a day. I have kids who are going to spill orange juice on them in a couple weeks. I'm not really looking for 10 year shades, heh.

I just need a middle ground between the plastic blinds from Home Depot that snap in a week and the 10-year option you mentioned.

mutata fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 26, 2021

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQELHBS?psc=1 We use a set of these for a few lamps and the Christmas tree lights in the winter. Works fine, no app, no wifi. I use 6" extension cords to make sure I don't lose a plug to the size.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think at this point the thread has covered all your possible options, be they networked, wifi, offline, or hardwired, heh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Twin size mattress and that becomes a room you can rent for $1300/month to a New Yorker.

Edit: Oh, it's 5x2? A crib mattress then. The rest of it remains unchanged.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yep, she's just trying to communicate openly. If you came back and were like "No, I'm sure. I'm gonna love it" or "You think so? Good, I was totally thinking the same thing!" then either of those would be a load off her mind. As it is, it sounds like she's nervous and unsure and wanted to take your pulse on it too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

In my opinion, IKEA beats any other particle board cheap- to mid-priced furniture maker pretty handily. It's only when you get into actual solid materials and premium price brackets where it's actually worth the costs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ya but I agree that that particular couch looks uncomfortable as gently caress, both to me (6'1") and my wife (5'4"). It looks cool as heck in their space, but I would not want to lean back on it at all, personally.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Besides, there's precisely nothing that you can do with the space between cabinet top and ceiling that doesn't look like pack rat poo poo or TGIFridays fan art.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

actionjackson posted:

all HM is 20% off at DWR, I've never seen that before. seems like a lot of that is happening now with the economy being hosed

Ah yes. HMs. For my DWR. Got it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

We've been using an Ikea bench and some Ikea bins underneath for our family of 4 with overflow wet things on the floor around it and I can't want to actually just build what we want and need when we get to our new place this summer.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

wheatpuppy posted:

This might be a job for the Aliexpress thread.

Etsy has a lot of um... weird stuff too.

Edit:

mutata fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 22, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol nope

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BERGSHULT

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Push a table up against a wall. Built in booth seating along one side (or this is a rental, so they don't have to be attached to a wall, just up against it). Bench seating. One of those standing only tables they have at outdoor bars...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That color palette says "particularly obnoxious chiropractor's office" to me.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Look around and save a couple dozen images of spaces that you like the look of that have art of similar size on the walls. Then you can post those here or elsewhere along with some art youre thinking of, and maybe, if your comfortable, a simple photo of the space you want to put art. Looking at those things together, you (with help) can start to identify what about the reference images you like and how to move in that direction in your space.

Or, just get some cheaper posters or placeholder art and start slapping it up with sticky tack or poster frames and take a evening and just try poo poo out. Post photos of your ideas online; people are much more likely to comment on a sentence on a photo than they are to sit down and plan a room with you.

Just some ideas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The only way to actually have a chance of finding literally anything 2nd hand around here is on Facebook Marketplace, and I don't have a Facebook account, so I'm not allowed to buy things 2nd hand.