Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

actionjackson posted:

disclaimer: I hate kitchen islands

Can the island easily be removed? I'm guessing no, but if it could that would be awesome, it really interrupts the space.

on your top down pics, can you add some dimensions?

I tend to agree. I'd much rather have a 30" x 48" stainless with wood top work table than an island. That way I can move it if I need more space or want to deck scrub the whole kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fast food, fine dining, and everything between.

Large, central work table has been a standard of kitchen layout throughout history and remains the best thing if you do a lot of cooking (or as I do, a lot of baking).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I usually don't like white trim, but it works really well there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

So, getting ready to move into a new place finally, and getting rid of my ikea couch because it has not at all held up well.

Any suggestions on places to shop for decent quality furniture? Figure I'm going to need the usual front room setup, couch/chair or loveseat/pair of end tables/coffee table and I prefer arts and crafts style, no thanks on midcentury modern.

I'm tempted to go with a more local place that builds to order, but that's going to be quite exspensive although I'll probably have it until I'm dead.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Thanks!

My biggest durability issue is that I'm an ogre, and while my Ikea stuff is long enough, it's not built for 350lbs.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

All you need in a bedroom that size is a lamp or two. I think overhead lighting is great in the kitchen, maybe living/dining, but I don't think you need it in a BR unless it's also your office or something.

I like it if it's part of a ceiling fan. Can keep it off 99% of the time and turn it on to dust/vacuum or find that annoying small item you just dropped.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

peanut posted:

lol just lol if all your dishes match

Wait, you mean other people didn't just buy a case of plates from the restaurant supply store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

falz posted:

I think every garage sale I've ever had is to purge poo poo, and everything that doesn't sell goes to St Vinnys. Feels good man.

Yep. That's how you gotta do it. Make a firm commitment before you even start pricing stuff that anything that doesn't sell gets boxed straight up and delivered to charity.