Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1351003892109225987?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Bills
Packers

Meteor

Chiefs
Bucs

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Bills
Chiefs
Bucs
Packers

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bills
Chiefs
Packers
Joe Biden
Bucs

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Live look in at Belichick

https://twitter.com/Tim_McKone/status/1350995730274660353

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

This is what Tom leaves behind. Look at him!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

This man would have benched Brees

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I hope Mahomes plays and the Bills power bomb the chiefs through a flaming table

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fat Jesus posted:

if it was Bieniemy's idea to have Patrick run the ball on a 3rd/ short while only having 1 leg I hope he gets to be HC of the chargers and maintain their stellar injury record

Bad news

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Quantum Shart posted:

I hope Mahomes plays and the Bills power bomb the chiefs through a flaming table

Reminder that the Bills won their last AFC Championship against the Chiefs in 1993 by concussing the poo poo out of Joe Montana in the third quarter and then running train over backup quarterback DAVE KRIEG to win 30-13

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199401230buf.htm

MorrisBae fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 18, 2021

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Today was a sad day for football.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/drewbrees/status/2627602600

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm happy with whoever wins the superbowl at this point, just hope we get good games on the way there. I guess my preference would be Pack Chief Bill Buc.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also that playcall was fine tbh, Mahomes didn't get a concussion cause his toe had an owie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still can't figure out how Mahomes got concussed.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm mostly happy with the teams remaining. I think my least favorite would be the bucs. I dunno if I want Brady to get another ring, though I don't have any hate for the team otherwise so even that's not so bad. My preference is for the Bills to beat the Bucs so Buffalo fans get a little cherry on top of the sundae.

In my teams case, I can't be too mad about the Browns season. Best record since they returned, first playoff win with a bonus of it being an upset against the Steelers followed by a loss that came down to the wire.

We just need to get a bunch of help on defense. Luckily we got cap space so between free agency and the draft we should be able to scrounge up a couple good additions at linebacker, corner, or safety.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

kiimo posted:

Neither can we! Whew! He’s fine. see ya next week, Pat!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. There wasn't and helmet contact on the hit, he bounced his head a little on the ground, but not anymore than you do on any play.

Did he happen to take a bigger hit earlier and kinda shake it off easily? Like maybe he was already walking around with one and then a slight hit later just made it much much worse?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anybody but Rodgers, really.

Brady winning again will be worth it for TFF going full Chernobyl alone

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. There wasn't and helmet contact on the hit, he bounced his head a little on the ground, but not anymore than you do on any play.

Did he happen to take a bigger hit earlier and kinda shake it off easily? Like maybe he was already walking around with one and then a slight hit later just made it much much worse?

Fox assholes were talking like he'll be fine and he was slow to get up due to the throat tackle not the head bonk.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Drew said this then won a super bowl. Sounds like he should have said this more often.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was teaching people a new game during both games today, so I only heard updates barely.

Tommy keeps on keeping on :unsmith:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1351017125444546568?s=19

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Speculation that the choke hold tackle just choked him out briefly by cutting off blood to the brain and there’s no concussion.

I’m sure that’s wishful thinking though.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

packers
bills
chiefs
covid-21
limited thermonuclear exchange
siberian methane trap explosion
ragnarok
amazon drone rebellion
vacuum metastability event
azathoth
buccs

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. ...he bounced his head a little on the ground...

you brain isn't meant to contact the ground at pace there's no such thing as 'a little contact'

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sure sure gently caress these guys for their political opinions but this is actually kind of cool. The body language kind of says it all. Drew wrapping it up. This is like the epilogue in a movie.

They could be two guys leaving a picnic in Des Moines. "We could have used you tonight. Be nice to your sister."

I may be getting soft in my advancing years

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:unsmith:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Nice of Tom to let that kid catch a pass from a real NFL quarterback

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

kiimo posted:

Sure sure gently caress these guys for their political opinions but this is actually kind of cool. The body language kind of says it all. Drew wrapping it up. This is like the epilogue in a movie.

They could be two guys leaving a picnic in Des Moines. "We could have used you tonight. Be nice to your sister."

I may be getting soft in my advancing years

Dude.... it’s like you posted this from my brain. Every word of it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cya drew

2009 was a hell of a time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

vacuum metastability event

:hmmyes:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Quantum Shart posted:

you brain isn't meant to contact the ground at pace there's no such thing as 'a little contact'
I understand that.

I more mean there wasn't any more contact with the ground than we typically see on double digits other hits in any game. Some plays have super obvious "head bounces hard off the ground" action and those often do lead to concussions.

Basically I'm saying I didn't see anything from it that would make me expect a concussion more than any routine tackle. Which is weird because I feel like most concussions in the NFL you can pretty clearly see how it happened and this one is a bit of a mystery.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

Nice of Tom to let that kid catch a pass from a real NFL quarterback

https://twitter.com/EricLop72387956/status/1351018089886920704

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Brady actually likeable, wtf, how dare you

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Thanks for the 3 good years Drew. Especially 2004.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Fun to watch but I'm glad he's gone. Bye Brees.

Bellmaker posted:

Anybody but Rodgers, really.

Brady winning again will be worth it for TFF going full Chernobyl alone

He's won before. We'll all float on.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's so absurd watching guys younger then Brady, like Ben, and Brees (and for fucks sake, poor Cam) just break down as he rolls on.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I mean, I know the Saints roster is turbofucked with bad contracts up and down because Mickey Loomis is absolute dogshit at math, and Brees is retiring, but they cannot truly be serious about Taysom Hill being QB1 from here on out, can they?

They don't have the means to trade for someone like Stafford or Watson, so if Hill isn't the guy, what the hell do they do? Jameis isn't coming back, and even if he was, LOL, but man alive, did nobody in that front office even consider drafting or obtaining an heir apparent to Brees for the last 5-6 seasons?

A buddy of mine who is a level headed, diehard Saints fan suggests that they were going to draft Mahomes several years ago prior to Reid trading up to get him, but I don't know the legitimacy of that statement, and even if it's true, it's water under the bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/pff/status/1350907282696056836?s=21