Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is being chocked out and losing oxygen going to the brain less bad than a concussion

Depending on the length of said choke yes?

Doesn't matter, it's a concussion and I think the team hasn't tried to push that seriously. Having said that...

https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1351200685862379525

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

As someone who has had concussions and been choked out before, there seems to be a big difference. When choked out, after a brief period of confusion and haziness, I felt completely normal and didn't have any issues functioning very shortly after. Concussions were different and symptoms were noticeable well after the fact.

Same, also having experienced both. I was just joking that if you got choked long enough well, yeah there will be brain issues.

I don't think the team is actually pushing that theory at all though, they just think he's going to pass protocol and be good to go. Which you could point to as a reason why the protocol should not be trusted and I would 100% agree with you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BGrifter posted:

The longtime fans are fine.

Speaking as a longtime fan...yeahhhhhhhh....we kinda suck.

We're loud as hell about it though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Either way maybe don't run read options anymore. Just a thought.

That was a speed option :eng101:!

But yeah don't give Mahomes the option to run other than scrambles because he'll take it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

The Seahawks are fine but gently caress Pete Carroll.

Unrelated to him being an idiot (in that way), I just cannot get over the optics of firing Brian Schottenheimer and the public reason being 'we want to run the ball more.'

I mean, regardless of whether it's a good move or the truth of the matter or whatever. Go back in time a couple of years and tell yourself that's what would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

Seahawks fans were very obnoxious, we went totally ballistic especially in the PNW, but in our defense literally none of our teams had ever done anything like that

Like, a single NBA Championship in 1979, four total playoff appearances by the M's, one Super Bowl run that ended in disaster

You won a Stanley Cup! Over the most storied franchise in the sport!

quote:

Seattle won the 1917 championship by defeating the National Hockey Association's Montreal Canadiens three games to one by a combined score of 23–11...

Games one and three were played under PCHA rules, i.e., seven players per side, forward passing in the neutral zone, and no substitution for penalized players. Games two and four were played under NHA rules, i.e., six players per side, no forward passing, substitutions allowed.

Lord I can't imagine how clogged the ice was with 7 players a side, but at the same time scoring was not an issue at all because goalies didn't have pads and had to fear for their lives if their face was in the wrong spot.

Also you may have possibly been robbed of another cup due to a pandemic, which has no relevance to anything recent luckily.