Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm mostly happy with the teams remaining. I think my least favorite would be the bucs. I dunno if I want Brady to get another ring, though I don't have any hate for the team otherwise so even that's not so bad. My preference is for the Bills to beat the Bucs so Buffalo fans get a little cherry on top of the sundae.

In my teams case, I can't be too mad about the Browns season. Best record since they returned, first playoff win with a bonus of it being an upset against the Steelers followed by a loss that came down to the wire.

We just need to get a bunch of help on defense. Luckily we got cap space so between free agency and the draft we should be able to scrounge up a couple good additions at linebacker, corner, or safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I still can't figure out how Mahomes got concussed.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. There wasn't and helmet contact on the hit, he bounced his head a little on the ground, but not anymore than you do on any play.

Did he happen to take a bigger hit earlier and kinda shake it off easily? Like maybe he was already walking around with one and then a slight hit later just made it much much worse?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Quantum Shart posted:

you brain isn't meant to contact the ground at pace there's no such thing as 'a little contact'
I understand that.

I more mean there wasn't any more contact with the ground than we typically see on double digits other hits in any game. Some plays have super obvious "head bounces hard off the ground" action and those often do lead to concussions.

Basically I'm saying I didn't see anything from it that would make me expect a concussion more than any routine tackle. Which is weird because I feel like most concussions in the NFL you can pretty clearly see how it happened and this one is a bit of a mystery.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I really don't think being choked out would cause symptoms so bad that you'd fail a concussion test several minutes after the fact, but I'm not a doctor and really only going on my own personal experience.

As someone who has had concussions and been choked out before, there seems to be a big difference. When choked out, after a brief period of confusion and haziness, I felt completely normal and didn't have any issues functioning very shortly after. Concussions were different and symptoms were noticeable well after the fact.

Basically I'm highly suspicious of people pushing this as an effort to get him to play despite player safety rules. Do independent doctors handle the concussion protocol between games or does a team doctor do it? That would put my fears aside a little.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 18, 2021

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Master Stur posted:

It's this, it's pretty clear imo that whiplash caused it

Yeah, this is the most reasonable explanation. He didn't take a hit to the head, but whiplash during the tackle bounced his brain around enough to give him a concussion.