Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

biden more like bidet washing my rear end out

much like being the president of the united states, this is a very hard thankless job. a strong endorsement of biden from forums poster probably magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Xaris posted:

Please be respectful for the President-elect. Dignity is returning.

It's a simple pun that I'm sure the Joe Bros find particularly witty. And as we know, the people who got Joe gangtags can take a joke every now and then.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Anyway, Joe Biden voters, what was your favourite policy you've seen discussed as a result of having voted for Joe Biden, electing him as president, who will assume in a couple days?

I'm excited about the fracking. Energy independence is my #1 issue. I think it'll be good to return to normal relations with the global south as well. Bolivia has been too uppity and Trump hosed up putting them in their place

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

gay_crimes posted:

I'm excited about the fracking. Energy independence is my #1 issue. I think it'll be good to return to normal relations with the global south as well. Bolivia has been too uppity and Trump hosed up putting them in their place

As a South American I find it interesting that Joe Biden seeks to resume relations in our socioeconomic block. Hopefully it all works out! As for the energy, it's about time someone found a solution to the energy crisis. Let's see where it goes from here.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
what are the odds people are actually gonna start handing out robinette as a middle name to their boys now, that's the real question

Reminds me of a story I read in Asimov's set in the near future where one of the characters is named Barack and I just thought, "Yeah, probably realistic," but it just made me feel kinda sad.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I voted for Joe Biden because a 15 dollar minimum wage would do wonders to help americans struggling to survive.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Jan 18, 2021

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Like, at least if you name your kid Hillary, you can backtrack a few decades down the road when She Is Finally Locked Up and say you named your kid after the Everest guy.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

I voted for Joe Biden because a 15 dollar minimum wage would do wonders to help americans struggling to survive.

Thankfully it seems Americans might finally have a president who cares about the poor.

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

We just voted out a narcissistic fascist in favor of a competent fascist with much more institutional support.

Good poo poo, America. :patriot:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
joe biden, while a piece of poo poo, didn't abuse his wife and drive her to suicide, so he's got that going for him.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I like watching Joe Biden's leg hairs dry in the sun, so cool the way they start to get curly.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

joe biden, while a piece of poo poo, didn't abuse his wife and drive her to suicide, so he's got that going for him.

Yeah, he only drove tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of working Americans to suicide with ruthless austerity and trapping them in lifelong debt

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

2 Gs baby

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's going to be hard to come up with corruptions of Biden's name. The only one I can think of right now is bidoof, like the pokemon. That's why I didn't vote for him

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nope it's $1400. owned

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, he only drove tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of working Americans to suicide with ruthless austerity and trapping them in lifelong debt

yeah that's why the checks will be nice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thinking about the halcyon days of 2019 when we were all laughing and eating turkish delights and talking about how Joe Biden had raped, murdered, and cannibalized a girl in 1990 only for it to come out that he had in fact raped someone and also was now president, good times, good times.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

Thinking about the halcyon days of 2019 when we were all laughing and eating turkish delights and talking about how Joe Biden had raped, murdered, and cannibalized a girl in 1990 only for it to come out that he had in fact raped someone and also was now president, good times, good times.

hey can't get perfect leaders all the time. stalin abused his second wife so bad she shot herself in the head, so u gotta take the monstrous with the less monstrous.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ArfJason posted:

As a South American I find it interesting that Joe Biden seeks to resume relations in our socioeconomic block. Hopefully it all works out! As for the energy, it's about time someone found a solution to the energy crisis. Let's see where it goes from here.
There are a lot of unemployed people in South America. What if we come up with a private-public partnership via the IMF to install giant flywheels powered by Incans running on it like like hamster wheel and sending energy to the north which in turn we can use to mine bitcoins of which they would receive a cut? Perhaps for hitting milestones would be awarded with vouchers for American processed cheese byproducts? This could also solve the crippling obesity crisis. Something to think about but I see a lot of green new deal potential here that would be mutually beneficial. Not to take undue credit here as Francisco Pizarro originally had this idea in 1541 but unfortunately the dastardly monarchs at the time thought it would be unwise resulting in a native population of Sonic soldiers that could give the arbalests the run-around; however, now we have better technology to keep this in check.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah that's why the checks will be nice

you have to pay them back, lol.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

hey can't get perfect leaders all the time. stalin abused his second wife so bad she shot herself in the head, so u gotta take the monstrous with the less monstrous.

biden's record on healthcare is one of the leading reasons women stay in abusive relationships, out of fear of losing their healthcare.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kinda wondering what a second term of Trump would've looked like, probably really boring honestly, Kamala's only allowed opposition in the Dem primaries would've been a Belleville, IL city council member with a lisp and Trump would mostly be on the golf course because "Washington is no longer hot," so I guess I should be happy that Biden made things interesting with his unique brand of accelerationism.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Like January 6th was funny as hell, you don't get that if Trump won.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

taintrunner told me he voted for joe biden

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

We all have to admit that as an Awesomeist whatever Joe Biden will end up doing will be awesome and perhaps even awesomesauce if we're lucky.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

maybe u will, but i won't

Taintrunner posted:

biden's record on healthcare is one of the leading reasons women stay in abusive relationships, out of fear of losing their healthcare.

impressive that biden's policy was able to force joseph stalin to abuse his wife so bad that she shot herself in the head. we should look into how biden did that.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

impressive that biden's policy was able to force joseph stalin to abuse his wife so bad that she shot herself in the head. we should look into how biden did that.

seems like you're very defensive about the fact that you're papering over joe biden's long history of driving women to suicide by forcing them to stay in abusive relationships. why do you hate women?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Trabisnikof posted:

We all have to admit that as an Awesomeist whatever Joe Biden will end up doing will be awesome and perhaps even awesomesauce if we're lucky.

This

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

this is what my dad says about the checks and also the ui benefits lol he also has brain damage

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this is what my dad says about the checks and also the ui benefits lol he also has brain damage

it's a tax thing, actually. for having brain damage your dad is pretty smart!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

seems like you're very defensive about the fact that you're papering over joe biden's long history of driving women to suicide by forcing them to stay in abusive relationships. why do you hate women?

no i already said joe biden is a piece of poo poo, u even quoted the post. i don't feel the need to paper over it because a lot of leaders are pieces of poo poo, including the guy in ur avatar, who abused his wife so bad that she shot herself in the head.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

no i already said joe biden is a piece of poo poo, u even quoted the post. i don't feel the need to paper over it because a lot of leaders are pieces of poo poo, including the guy in ur avatar, who abused his wife so bad that she shot herself in the head.

seems weird that you're focusing on this in the voted for joe biden megathread, where we're all sharing our reasons for voting (or not voting!) for joe biden. please keep the thread on-topic and avoid derails pls

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

Joe Biden is at the pinnacle of his career and is as smart, spry, and fit as ever! Don't count him out, he's still got time!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

it's a tax thing, actually. for having brain damage your dad is pretty smart!

so the stimulus checks and ui benefits are bad?

also don’t let him hear me say this, but he’s not.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

seems weird that you're focusing on this in the voted for joe biden megathread, where we're all sharing our reasons for voting (or not voting!) for joe biden. please keep the thread on-topic and avoid derails pls

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

Joe BIden’s second Patriot Act will be dope.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Personally as an LGBTQIA immigrant I would like to thank everyone who voted for Joe Biden to restore sanity to the nation after the madness of Trump and his cabal, even in the face of rich white bros declaring the two were the same because their material interests would be unaffected either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

Imagine thinking a lifelong austerity ghoul like Biden who authored the 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill AND the Patriot Act will be any better for minorities than Trump. He even built the camps full of cages on the border!