Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Happy to see Wrestling Omakase win best podcast because it's a very good podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

Unhappy OC won best gimmick, 2019 was fine but 2020 severely exposed the gimmicks limitations and OC v Jericho lasted an eternity.

He was better as an ant

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SB KENTo was robbed. How many wrestlers are a major part of a ***** in their rookie year? There's not many and one of them was fellow 2020 Dragon Gate rookie HipHop Kikuta (shout out to him, a guy who debuted in June and thus has never actually wrestled in front of a full sell out crowd that can make noise and shout and cheer)

I have no recollection of who I voted for Best Flyer but looking at the names I guess Hiromu?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

Glad to see me and Bushi’s Promotion of the Year votes sitting at the bottom of the top 10; demonstrates that we have very exclusive taste.

Assuming it’s 5/3/2 scoring which I think is how this normally goes?

I just noticed that everyone who voted for DDT's weekly TV show must have voted it #1. Where as clearly some people who did vote Dynamite had it lower than #1, so that means DDT had a 100% success rate & so wins the award.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Benne posted:

I knew all the Go matches would split votes but I'm legit shocked that Go/Sugiura missed the cut

Same. Will say that I rewatched the Kenoh match which elevated it over the Sugiura match at the last minute. Still absolutely rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

PRO WRESTLING MATCH OF THE YEAR
1. "HANGMAN" ADAM PAGE AND KENNY OMEGA VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS, AEW REVOLUTION, 2/29 (15) 102
3. FTR vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Full Gear, 11/7 (1) 22

Just realised the only 2 matches on this list that I haven't seen both feature the Young Bucks.

I'm glad to see Go getting some well deserved love because his year was an all-timer as far as just putting a promotion on your back & still running like you're Usain Bolt in the Olympics 100 metre finals. And also the Dragon Gate elimination tag, which was absolutely one of those matches that DG do better than anyone else & bare minimum deserved to be in the top 10.