Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I remember when either Imp Zone or YCS started there was a roleplaying thread where you pretended to go inside a bar, and it was just people posting variations of "greeting"

that was a good thread

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my friends are wanting to do a d&d campaign so i've been looking around and they specifically wanted to do something sci-fi so i had this idea to do ww2 but there's developments that lead to werewolves, werebears, and stuff based off the konflikt 47 wargame

sucks its only gonna be us doing it online since we're so far apart, because the minis for the game are so cool and would rule to be able to use

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I think gurps has a lot of ww2 modules. And because it's gurps you could cross in anything you wanted. Ww2 pirate fantasy

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I think Pinnacle also had some WW2 modules for Savage Worlds

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i got a bunch of gurps books cheap a few years ago to flip through and last night i was looking through Gurps Fantasy Adventures and the longest adventure in the book is a comedy one where you have to be a host for annoying nonsensical japanese people and it has a sidebar tip on how to do a really offensive accent thats fun for everyone

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

elf help book posted:

i got a bunch of gurps books cheap a few years ago to flip through and last night i was looking through Gurps Fantasy Adventures and the longest adventure in the book is a comedy one where you have to be a host for annoying nonsensical japanese people and it has a sidebar tip on how to do a really offensive accent thats fun for everyone

lmfao.

any pic of the sidebar tip or?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

or what

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Amazing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol sick

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
when creating an orc npc, consider giving them a pair of pristine artisanal boots that they obsess over. when crafting their voice,

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

when creating an orc npc, consider giving them a pair of pristine artisanal boots that they obsess over. when crafting their voice,

Lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hah, incredible! :D (Or "incledibur!"?)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Hah, incredible! :D (Or "incledibur!"?)

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres 40 pages of that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6NKdthd4U

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've not used gurps so i'll check it out. the players probably won't go for changing systems just cuz they only know d&d but we'll see.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Christ lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GM Notes: Use Nick Mullen's "Chinese Jew" impression when playing as a Sahudese character.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mekchu posted:

Been playing the same character in Thousand Year Old Vampire for the past year and its been stupidly fun seeing where this tired as hell old vampire has wound up as a crazed hobo traveling around Europe looking for his favorite spoon that he lost.
I tried this game out last night and made myself sad lol. wasn't entirely sold on the idea of a solo ttrpg but rolling through the prompts and seeing where it takes you is very addicting, and journaling is a fun mechanism. probably going to be coming back to it for a while

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Gonna do my first dungeon world game with some pals and we're kicking it off with a session of the quiet year, excited to do some more freeform stuff after years of doing d&d with em

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Trash Ops posted:

Gonna do my first dungeon world game with some pals and we're kicking it off with a session of the quiet year, excited to do some more freeform stuff after years of doing d&d with em

Dungeon World is a lot of fun if it clicks with the right group, it has its issues but most of those can be fixed by using one of the million rule modifications floating around. I have a few I use if you want some pointers

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cubone posted:

I tried this game out last night and made myself sad lol. wasn't entirely sold on the idea of a solo ttrpg but rolling through the prompts and seeing where it takes you is very addicting, and journaling is a fun mechanism. probably going to be coming back to it for a while

there's another game i'd recommend (and its free) if you're interested: of leaf and moon

basically you play a hermit in the woods journaling about poo poo you see each day and the dreams you have at night. oh you also get to draw funky flowers based off a table which is kind of fun in a way.

i've used of leaf and moon with some of my esl students to get them better at writing unrehearsed prompts in the past. sorta worked out pretty well from what i saw.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 30, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
There's also koriko: a magical year which looks very promising though I have not started it yet

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the quiet year is also a sort of journaling game but its more so drawing than writing, but its pretty fun and creative

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i got so excited to reveal a long-withheld plot twist tonight that i was trembling and my voice faltered lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

lol hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i got so excited to reveal a long-withheld plot twist tonight that i was trembling and my voice faltered lol

lol hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

being giddy with excitement ftw.