Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
You can get STDs from mouth stuff?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Leraika posted:

Dungeon World is one of those games where when I'm playing it I usually want to be playing either Fellowship or I guess Pathfinder instead

I would like to try Fellowship sometime. It sounds fun.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Vadun posted:

Then went through setting up characters for a Shadowrun module I'm going to run using Savage Worlds/Sprawlrunners to get around the Shadowrun jank

But Moe, the jank, the jank!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 15, 2024

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah it's basically the Powered by the Apocalypse take on DnD so it's all 2d6 rolls. I've told them outright that if they use it on themselves a 6 or less is straight into Last Breath (dying state) which I've never done with anything else but it needs to be high stakes, 7-9 something circumstantial and stupid will happen, and only 10+ is going to get anything positive.

Another tweak might be that they sacrifice their life to attempt to use it, 7-9 gets them new abilities, and a 10+ gives them some number of Hold to auto-succeed on those abilities (so they can immediately show off their new toys). Guaranteed cost and more likelihood of something good happening with room for a superplus result. Presumably you'd have a suitable Last Breath bargain in mind.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hmm I like that, but it feels even riskier - going straight into Last Breath means one 6 or lower roll away from death, whereas my approach requires two 6 or lower in a row. Maybe I can think of some other guaranteed cost though

You don't have to use Last Breath specifically, you're writing your own move for When you use the arrow so just make your own version to serve as the cost. Maybe the PC has to bargain with the soul of the arrow, or they are noticeably disfigured. It's my bias but I think something like that is a more interesting price than just a chance of death. I'm also the sort to offer a Last Breath bargain even on 6-.