Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

As per requested by Sir Teddy Thunders:

I love this.

You're going to tell me which post icons make it into the site, right? Because I am totally not keeping track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yeah I assume whichever they pick in this thread will be announced. I might make a few more if anyone has ideas.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh yes, the four new ones I listed earlier by BFM (cyoa, destroy, homework and vent), as well as the updated/fixed versions of gay agenda and the no-swastika ones are all already in it, so up to the taco one we should be good with all those made so far, along with the link one HP requested. Unless I oversaw one!

Anyways those tacos are lovely and obviously need to go in, I'd collect it again as before and submit it altogether to reduce workload for admins.

In terms of old tags that we might be able to prune, personally I believe we can have a poo poo ton of them, it's not like we are limited in how many we have, as long as the thread creation screen stays somewhat readable, but that's me as a user speaking.
If we were to remove some of those we have, I'd say we get rid of some of the rather boring ones we barely ever use, which is mostly the non-animated ones like whine, gross, serious, cars and stuff like that, basically some of the stuff in the middle here:

Which are all just in because they are mostly imported as a standard set from other forums and barely ever get used here. Since I personally also prefer the animated tags, I'd be fine with pruning those, but I don't think we really have to prune anything. I'm entirely open for input on this, this is not a strong opinion I have.

The new probe image is going to get uploaded and can then be applied via a small code tweak by astral, so that's coming already, the image is queued for upload already!
Other stuff mentioned so far was either already done or is farther down the road, the only thing left open that I'd like to check is the possibility for us to get a custom probation message (user went on vacation for that post or similar) and/or a custom quote text (user posted xy), which I'd get to once the probe image works out.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 11, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

i for one can't wait to go on an 18 hour tropical vacation

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:sickos: it's everything I've ever wanted, thank you BFM!!!!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

how can there be a taco tag and no pizza tag!!!

(it's a very nice tag i love it)

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

(it's a very nice tag i love it)

Tacos are extremely BYOB culture

nut

i agree with getting rid of p much all the boring thread tags, they are detracting from the good ones

biosterous

nut posted:

i agree with getting rid of p much all the boring thread tags, they are detracting from the good ones

:same:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

BoldFrankensteinMir

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

These are the kinds of serious design questions that really show a brainstorming session is working.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

but what if i'm posting about a combination taco bell/pizza hut?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Heather Papps posted:

but what if i'm posting about a combination taco bell/pizza hut?

Way ahead of you friend:

I can not wait for these delicious threads, home-made pizza tacos are a family favorite.

Sig by Heather Papps

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

These are the kinds of serious design questions that really show a brainstorming session is working.

Way ahead of you friend:

I can not wait for these delicious threads, home-made pizza tacos are a family favorite.
:eyepop: :five:

GWS would probably be interested in these too imo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

:eyepop: :five:

GWS would probably be interested in these too imo

Shhhh this is how we get our friends with spoons and chickencheese to come post in the yob

BoldFrankensteinMir

Another request by Cardinal Thunders:

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

drat those are amazing!!

I'll look over the most boring and least used tags we have, too, and give you guys a list later on.
I can also report that the probe image is now uploaded and I'll bribe astral with a lap dance to make the last coding work happen!!
BFM's merch designs also are a topic now, so thanks for those! I'm sure Jeff will say something about that soon, but it's lovely work either way

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Another request by Cardinal Thunders:

It's a disastah, Mahty!

I love it!

Goons Are Gifts

The new probe image is now reality!! It was a bit more work than expected but it works perfectly now, with every probe being this in byob, while other forums still have the usual one displayed, so it's not just a temporary thing but part of the stylesheet now

Someone get me nut so we can start another run on coin probes

nut

lmao it is an amazing probe image thank u hp!!!

alnilam

nut posted:

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

another byob success story!

GATOS Y VATOS

I'm not requesting anything because I don't post in the yob enough but I just wanted to say that this thread is incredibly good and cool.

biosterous

i'd like to request that gatos y vatos post more in byob

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

GATOS Y VATOS

biosterous posted:

i'd like to request that gatos y vatos post more in byob

I'll put it on the schedule

cruft

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'll put it on the schedule

:peanut:

nut

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm not requesting anything because I don't post in the yob enough but I just wanted to say that this thread is incredibly good and cool.

:same:

Goons Are Gifts

Alright friends, I am very happy with how much we could accomplish here already! I know there has been a lot of brilliant new stylesheet ideas, too, but I think all of them will have to wait for a later time, when we have more customization options available. Dark mode will probably be the first thing to come soon-ish by astral and we can have a special one for that for sure, but we'll have to wait on that to happen first to see what we can do.

Finally, I would submit these two new tags by BFM to be uploaded by the admins:
taco
pizza
everything is terrible

and, if no one has any objections on those, I would remove the following usually unused and generally less exciting tags that we currently have:

None of these are animated and do not, as far as I know, originate in BYOB either, but are part of the general set of tags every subforum gets on creation. If anyone of you wants a particular one to stay, that's entirely fine, just tell me, I mostly just took those that I couldn't find to be used a lot over the past ~50 pages of BYOB, that are not animated and also exist in other forums.
Currently we have 151 tags available in byob, while adding the new ones this brings us down to 131 usable tags. There are a bit more that are neither animated nor used a lot, like science or drugs, but I figured those might have some use. If you think I should add another tag to this list, I'm open for suggestions!

Anyways, I'll leave this up for a day or two for everyone to comment on this before requesting the change by the admins, then get it done. With the new tags in, old ones removed, our new fancy probation image and a lot of possible new options for the future to come, I think we are mostly done with this thread, too! I'll add a last request for astral to see if we can change the quote and probation text in general, but I figured that if yes, that will be an easy change we can just do as it's just text and you guys already submitted cool ideas.

Look how fancy BYOB has become!!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 20, 2021

nut

*in the cadence of ty Pennington on extreme home makeover at the end when the big bus blocks the redone house and they chant “move that bus” and then the bus will move and everyone cries* remove. those. tags!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I use 'movies' pretty often but it's not essential. And I take this to mean no pizzatacos or everything is terrible tag?

Goons Are Gifts

Oh no, tacos and pizza is already submitted, I just oversaw everything is terrible and just now sneakily edited it into my request to the admins. So that's a resounding and cheerful yes to all three of those tags! I just can't do it myself and need the admins for it, so whenever they got to do it.
I'm happy to keep movies in, for the movie nights alone already. I'd just swap it with as that one was on my shooting list, too. Just now I also looked at and and would probably add them to the list, too.

I'll update the list above!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Cool thanks! 'Cars' is the most boring tag hands down, at least paint flames on it or something, jeez.

Also, if there's still time today I'll do a mobile app version of 'coffee pals' because the chat thread alone deserves one.

alnilam

nut posted:

*in the cadence of ty Pennington on extreme home makeover at the end when the big bus blocks the redone house and they chant “move that bus” and then the bus will move and everyone cries* remove. those. tags!

ty manifisto

alnilam

man those tags are so boring i didn't even realize they were there

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I didn't even know Fruity was a tag option here.

I don't get what it's supposed to mean these days but I know I'm the context of old-SA it was meant rather unkindly and I'm glad it's going.

cruft

Beer pal's fruit review didn't even use the fruity tag. The only recent thread I can find that used it was "eat b.a.r.f.".

I vote :gas: that tag.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I have some fond memories of the 'fruity' tag from long ago and outside the yob, but now that we have 'gay agenda' sans swastika, I can't see why we would need it

astral

To my knowledge there is no easy way for the admins to switch tags from 'all forums' to 'all forums but one', just to temper some expectations, and it would also make it really tedious for them whenever a new forum is added or edited or whatever. Fun fact, until Jeffrey made a recent change the 'all forums' tags were the only ones you could use in PMs, too.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh wait, are those tags some default thingy that cannot be removed regularly? It was my understanding that admins can just edit the forum and remove tags from it, including those, if that's not possible for some tags that would change some things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

The latest new tags are in! Post about tacos on pizzas immediately

On the text front, probation texts ("user was put on probation for this post") is sadly not easy to edit, so this will have to stay for now, however quote texts are easy to change. The "user posted:" part is hard written and has to stay, but we can add something to it before or afterwards easily, just like in cspam, so that every quote has a "user posted something nice" or whatever to it.
Any ideas on this setup?

I'm waiting for the admins on the tag removal thing