Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's a simple exploit in 5, at least.

Do tell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Well I'm guess it isn't the save scumming with the drop off point inside the shop, so probably the fact that you can reset large rocks and tree stumps by zoning. So do 8 hits on all of em, leave and come back and they're all reset to 9 total hits again.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Gaius Marius posted:

That doesn't include 4>5 for the people who haven't played both of those. 5 is a good game but has areas where it is far behind 4.

But it's in 3d! And all it cost was long loading times, annoying animations, and barren environments.

As much as I kind of like what they were going for in some ways, they needed to optimize the game significantly better. It doesn't matter to me if the entire town is one map when in 3 or 4 I can just hop from screen to screen with no loading.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A Wonderful Life went on sale for 50% off today. Nabbed it.

I know it's not going to be nearly as good as more modern games in the genre, but I played this back when I was a tiny teenager.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Launching a sale two days before the next game in the franchise gets announced at the Nintendo Direct.... that's marketing baby.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zesty posted:

A Wonderful Life went on sale for 50% off today. Nabbed it.

I know it's not going to be nearly as good as more modern games in the genre, but I played this back when I was a tiny teenager.

Year one is pretty brutal but the game is a real gem. It was a very ambitious entry for the franchise!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I got A Wonderful Life last year. Probably during another sale.

I'm 3 or 4 years in, but I've basically stalled out because I getting overwhelmed with being optimal with hybrid crops and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Making money was kind of a problem in the GameCube edition, and I think their solution for the Remake was to add a zero to the value of sheep wool. That stuff is insane