Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are mods for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as soon as you have income, buy out the recipe bread every day. fields have hp that decreases when you grow crops, so rotate what spots you use. clear town events asap.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be nice if one day a rf game let you marry an adult

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when you cut a crop with a sickle, the seed will be a higher level than the crop up to the sickle's cap. crops can also be of higher levels than the seed they came from, but that depends on more variables and is less reliable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they aren't seasonal fields. the point of farm dragons is that their upgrade and buff system is crazy powerful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Is this the feeding the farm dragons crystals to boost crop growth rate and such? All I've done so far is max out the size of each of their fields. I haven't messed with the other crystals much. I fed one dragon some Ignis Crystals for growth speed, but it didn't seem to boost it by that much, or is the appeal of it that you can buff the whole field at once? What are the best buffs? I'm at the point in the game where I have a pretty good cash flow going with my fields full of strawberries and pineapples. I haven't learned the recipe for Gold Juice yet, but I have access to all the gold crops and I'm working on getting them all to level 10.

ignis is 2.0 growth speed per application, with it stacking up to 5.0. gaia restores health (if you are doing pineapples you should know how important that is) and provides enough defense to stormproof. ventus provides one extra item per harvest, which lasts as long as the plant is alive. this stacks up to 3 times. glacies are kind of pointless, but they are really easy to acquire.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the growth speed decays over time the same as any nutrient buffs. maybe the defense does too? i dunno, i used a bunch of different sites for info because there was no single good source.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stardew lost me as soon as i realized how much time i'd have to spend in a mine doing the godawful combat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mechanically, rf5 is basically rf4 in 3d. i was hoping for more from it, but in the end even a middling rf game is still better than most other farming games.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rf5 days have to be long so you can farm each boss for their rare drops every day. i was not a fan of that part.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they do that less as their hearts increase. the real trick is that you can give them an item a day to boost affection and the item they produce works.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a simple exploit in 5, at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
5's simply uninspired. it doesn't really innovate in any way from 4 other than now being in 3d. i consider it mostly a proof of concept and have high hopes for 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's still super weird that you can't date the fox milf but you can date her brother.