Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I suspect it will get one but it's going to be a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Fuuka honestly has surprised me so far.

I was worried she was going to be really childish and kind of annoying based on the previews but she's actually pretty cool.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nemo2342 posted:

So are my options pick the vegetable so I can use/sell it, or use the sickle to turn it into better seeds?

Yep that's exactly how it works. Though iirc if you ship a higher level vegetable it upgrades the seeds in the shop.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I beelined the plot for the most part until I think the last romanceable character joined the town Ludmila but now I plan to take it slow.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dirk the Average posted:

At a guess, they wanted to bring back a romanceable character of each gender, but only dwarves/elves actually live long enough for the timeline to make sense? I got the impression that there was a lot of time between RF4 and RF5.

Margaret refers to decades passing in one of her lines.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah Beatrice is pretty great in her character events.

Speaking of, I think I've hit a plot point that's blocking them? I'm just post Ludmilla joining and returning to the dungeon Beatrice lives in the entrance of. I'm not getting the markers to continue Priscilla's so I'm guessing the plot is blocking them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
She seems to mellow out a lot after some plot events.

I was also amused when I first put her in my party and she was level 14 while I was 58. Some rival you are.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

I always use my switch docked. I just checked, and yes its true.
IN HANDHELD.
Docked you can't see them.

I'm also stuck on Lucys 2nd big event, I can't find any way to proceed. Is this one of the weird events where I actually need to proceed the story for things to go on again? I recently unlocked Ludmilla and some stuff happened in town.

I'm at the same point. I think the plot just locks the events completely until you continue.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

How do you actually get resources from enemies without killing them in RF5? I don't understand this mechanic yet.

Also dang Ludmilla sure is tall, and thirsty.

Lock onto them and tap ZR when the lock icon disappears. Tap, not hold down as that's for temp capturing them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Heinz usually still hangs out in the shop. He's usually on the right.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm at the same point. I think the plot just locks the events completely until you continue.

So I can confirm that yes you do need to beat the next boss to unlock the character events after Ludmilla is introduced.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Avalerion posted:

How late does Ludmila unlock in rf5. I hear she comes in act 2, how many acts are there?

She's after the seventh dungeon. I think it was around 11 hours for me and I was focusing on the story.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Field dungeons are in 5? I swore those were cut?

Edit forgot Silver is playing 4.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Arc 3 is mostly letting time pass before it starts. It won't start for at least an in game year iirc so get married, have a child, etc. in the meantime if you want.

Just keep talking to folks. You'll know it's started when a town event called Memories pops up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
What's that? I think I may have done the same.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It appears I haven't unlocked the festival yet so I guess I'll need to prep for next year.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

I wonder how content complete it is.

Sounds like it's mostly there except for most of the story, a few characters and the whole marriage/children system.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Harvestella has a nonbinary option in the demo as well, but no idea if there's romance at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah you can be trans. Voice and body selection are seperate from pronouns.

Though the body options are pretty androgynous in general.