Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What is PoOT and do I have permission to laugh at its acronym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
RF5 first five minutes impressions: I'm surrounded by children, a Wolfman, and a doctor mayor.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That was my impression within the next five minutes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This feels like a game I will take slowly.

It's a deliberate choice while info trickles in.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rune Factory 4 isn't very difficult, and then it gets a little difficult, and that's when you should go absolutely ham on weapon/armor/accessory crafting.

Some of the final areas are more resource eaters than truly difficult, but you can craft your way through a ton of the difficulty.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rune Factory 4 kicks so much rear end in terms of just....all it does well, it was legit disappointing when I realized that 5 was going to be 3D. If they insist on going 3D from here, that's fine--I think you can definitely improve from 5. But for the love of god get some second opinions on the romance options.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cheetah7071 posted:

If Scarlett is a cop so are you

:wth:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wish my forging skill would raise faster, bleh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's see some mods like....tomorrow.

One older bachelorette, please

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Leal posted:

Let me marry the foxmom

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i finally killed 3 griffins in rune factory 5

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rune Factory 5 is weirdly paced with its requests. You get that griffin request way too early to be viable, and I'm being asked to ship lvl 5 crops long before I'm going to have any access to silver for the farm tools that make that happen.

Genuinely annoyed with how much of this game feels half assed at times.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah let me be clear: my frustration is entirely with the Switch version of the game, which runs like a turtle covered in molasses trying to climb a mountain.

The game didn't need to run like Breath of the Wild or anything, but it needed to run better than it currently does.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I stopped touching Harvest Moon a long time ago--they had multiple opportunities to suck me back in but good god they lost the plot sometime around the start of the 3DS era for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FrickenMoron posted:

Friendly reminder that rune factory 3 special releases tomorrow.

Wake up sheeple