Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I really hope it gets a PC port like FOMT.

Also

Snooze Cruise posted:

Returning characters from RF4

Of all possible characters, why Doug? Who liked him!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

PlushCow posted:

How is the remade FOMT? I’m eyeing it next time it’s on a steam sale. I did play the GBA original.

I played and enjoyed Trio of Towns on my 3ds a while ago but am getting the itch to play another farming game, been considering trying to go back to my save of ToT and finish it or doing a Stardew Valley replay.

I intensely dislike its art style but other than that it's a pretty good upgrade from the original, with QoL features and gay marriage.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

happyalloy posted:

Hello all! If I've never played a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game before, which one of the games should I get for the Switch: Rune Factory 4, SoS: FOMT, or SoS:PoOT? Or should I just start a second farm on Stardew Valley? (I played my first game of SV back when 1.4 came out, so I haven't tried out the 1.5 additions yet). Any advice would be appreciated; I'm just so indecisive (and the somewhat mixed reviews on Olive Town aren't helping :( )!

I did enjoy Animal Crossing for the first couple of months, but slowly stopped logging in around June. I like being able to experience time passing more quickly than it does in real life! Though I was often annoyed by how fast the days go by in Stardew Valley; do days work the same way in RF or SoS games?

I'm not sure if there's a reason to pick FOMT if those are your choices.

Rune Factory 4 has the best characters and combat.
SoS:PoOT if you want to focus on farming.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

That looks amazing.

Very disappointed about the lack of same-sex relationships though. :negative:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

How's the performance?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I've been playing rf5 and I can't tell if the performance is better in handheld mode or if I just notice it less on the tiny screen.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Does anyone else have problems with the timing for the dodge + hit? It feels really random if it triggers or not.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

I just started RF4S this week and it's been a blast. Are the earlier ones in the series worth checking out later on?

I think RF3 is as far back as you can go without starting to miss QoL updates. Also, RF3 has the best characters so far.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

Of all possible characters, why Doug? Who liked him!?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ended up hacking my switch just to be able to overclock it and drat, it makes a huge difference when playing RF5 in docked mode. The only stuttering left is when loading new areas, everything else seems to be a mostly smooth 30 fps.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Mysticblade posted:

She's not bad, I grant you.

But she's no Carlos who is a series best.

wow, first time I see someone liking the fish guy.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'd love to hear about similar games and this thread is dead most of the time anyway.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I regret getting RF5 on the switch so this is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RF3 has the best characters in the entire franchise so it's definitely worth giving it a try.