Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Dirk the Average posted:

Once you do get tools that are better than iron (the cheap tools), you can charge them up to do things like water in a larger area. The sickle also has a really neat property - if you chop a fully grown crop, it'll spit out a higher level seed. This is capped by the quality of the sickle though, so you need the best sickle in the game to get a level 10 seed, and correspondingly worse sickles have lower maximum levels of seeds. If you sell a crop or a seed that is a higher level, the store will actually start selling you seeds at that level, so you can eventually be growing every crop at level 10.

Well, soft capped by the sickle. It is hard floored by the level of the plant, which means if you level up the seed to 5 and then fertilize the plant up to level 6, even the cheap sickle will give you level 6 seeds, which you can plant and level up etc. Less relevant in 5 than 4 since the flower store unlocks so late, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

FrickenMoron posted:

I'm aware but I want to know the rough requirement so I can efficiently level up a skill. Oh well.

Half the "RP required" shown in the menu where you select it. Note that's in the big list, the rp when you are selecting ingredients is how much you actually use, which can be many times as much.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

To add on to what other people are saying, I don't think the monsters actually ever create lumber/stone. It's definitely a missed opportunity, because passive income of those resources would have been amazing. I hope a future game allows us to assign monsters to work a patch of forest or a mine or something for a trickle of resources over time.

One of the many ways 5 is a side-grade of 4 is this. In 4, if you had your monsters working a field with stones and stumps in it, they would turn them into resources. In 5, they just kind of bat at it, looking like they might be doing something but not actually doing anything.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

I always just smith the magnifier into my shoes and accept the hit. Until the postgame I never really cared about the difference between perfect and slightly subperfect equipment.