Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
do plants that harvest multiple times have the same period between harvests as it takes to grow in the first place

I got bell peppers and strawberries in the shop and trying to calculate their profit per day is, much more complicated compared to one-and-done plants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
For capturing bosses, this is what worked for me:

Zone in, smack the boss until its phase transition, then do an uncharged ZL to syeal its item. Reload the zone and repeat till you have a stack

Then, make a save. You can recruit monsters without taming them first, which is important for bosses since they're untamable. Brush the boss 15 times (until music notes stop appearing over its head) and then start feeding them their own drops. For the first boss, with a stack of items and 12 capture level, it took me about five tries to get it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'll be honest that I went through the entirety of RF4 thinking that micromanaging the health of my soil sounded like too much of a pain to bother with and was kind of planning to do so again this time. I guess it's not too bad if I just grind my chemistry level high enough to make my own chems and dedicate one of my farm dragons to flowers. I have no idea if that's actually profitable compared to just running the soil ragged doing nothing but cash crops though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dang I wish the game said anything anywhere about what feeding crystals to dragons did

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I also don't think the game told me anywhere that you get the crystal fragments to trade with heinz by using the lockdown move on ordinary mobs. Heck, I don't even remember it telling me that doing that steals items lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
RF4 is more fun on easy mode, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
someone at xseed thinks people don't want to marry moms. it's the only explanation for misasagi and simone

that person is a lunatic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I want to be Hina's other mom but the cowards won't let me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the game we got shows that they were barely able to make even this, let alone soemthing with a bigger scope

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I remember some piece of dialogue telling me that monsters working my fields can clear my stumps/stones for me, but the monsters I have are, not doing that. Do I just need to wait patiently for a higher friendship level? or is there something I need to do.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
maybe they just clear the ones that actually spawn in the field if you don't plow

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The silver farm tools all have much higher skill requirements than the silver weapons. In fact, gold weapons showed up for me before silver tools. I ended up just making a half dozen gold longswords to spam the skill up while still keeping my silver to be used on the tools

e: I also generally haven't had any trouble having my other skills be at the required level. It's just the crafting skills themselves I end up needing to grind (because they're limited by finding new items, which is limited by story progress)

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 1, 2022

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
beatrice grew on me after her first character event

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know about that one specificlaly but some character events can only continue at specific times of day. It might just need to be evening or even night for the event to appear.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If Scarlett is a cop so are you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think it was to make it easier to navigate the town

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now that I'm in postgame, not having an actual objective is letting me slow down a bit and focus on systems I didn't engage too much with before, and I have a few questions

What actually gives you the points you use for directives/remodels? Is there anything you can do to speed up acquiring them?

Do monsters give you their drop/steal items if you stick them in a barn? I only have monsters with obvious products (sheep/chickens/cows) and a boss monster who doesn't give anything right now. It'd be nice to have a ready source of sticks or strings though, if I can just tame a squirrel and get regular sticks or whatever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've had three crfashes, but they all happened during boss fights so it was easy enough to just load my pre-boss save

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Wait can you just skip fodder and just use a healing spell

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What effect does spil health actually have? I know it effects how many times you can harvest re-growing plants but I assume it's more than that of its worth the trouble of bothering to hoe corn, since filling the fertilizer bin seems to do a pretty good job of keeping my pumpkins etc alive

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I got my one typhoon so far it was late enough I could just wetland powder my important stuff (rare seeds) and then eat the losses on the rest

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I sprinkled gigantizer of four fully-grown onions and the next day when I came back the plot was just empty--not even plowed. Does that mean the soil didn't have enough health? or was something weirder going on?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
hm, I tried again the next day on a different section, which seemed to have good health even after chemming it (somewhere in the 60s), and it happened again

could this be what happens when the gigantizing fails, rather than being due to soil health? in which case I just need to use more gigantizer on my third try

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
And now I discover it happened to one of my starfall crops???

like, it was fine in the morning, almost fully grown, then when I came back in the evening to do some mining/logging, it was gone

when I look at the untilled soil, it has health in the 50s. Idgi.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh they are. Lol. Thanks for solving the mystery. My starfall pumpkins are safely in the shipping bin. I guess I'll try to do the giant vegetables and flowers for the quest in a field I don't have monsters working.

e: not sure how I didn't notice the pumpkins were ready but whatever. I usually handle the harvest myself so I can till and plant right after, so I forgot monsters even could do that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If performance is a deal-breaker you'll never play this game, but on the other hand I can't imagine the mindset it takes to not play a game you think you'd enjoy because of some frames

Its only really bad right when you leave your house the first time each morning. Tbh I tend to just mentally file that as the loading screen being secretly ten seconds longer but you get to walk around during those ten seconds.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The worst period I found was the level 60-75 range. The actual crafts all require annoying items and there's very few items that have an upgrade level in that range

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I ended up just ignoring it for a while until I got enough random skill up by harvesting to make the platinum farm tools after drinking a relax tea, and then made several dozen platinum hoes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the biggest grind with postgame crafting seems to be not getting the skills leveled but getting recipe bread+s, tbh. Doing a full run of the postgame dungeon to get 1-2 of each one per day is pretty tedious. Is there another source?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I know that it's not super efficient money-wise, but in the interests of reducing my minutes-per-day so I don't burn out before getting kids, I'm thinking of turning over most of my farm dragons to monsters entirely. I have a few questions though:

I know monsters will harvest, and will spend your money to plant random seeds if you allow it, but will they plow? Or do I still have to do that?

If I let a monster harvest fodder, will they put it in the fodder bin or the shipping bin?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've done all the required events (I think; I did three of them and that's what google says), and am level 10 with Beatrice, but she's still giving me the response where she thinks I'm joking when I try to confess to her

is there some sort of hidden step the guides are missing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dirk the Average posted:

You might have some town event or story event active that's blocking other things from happening?

I'm fairly deep into postgame

Am I correct that the flow is supposed to be:

-do three heart events for them
-get to rank 7+
-confess using the BTW menu

Because I've definitely done three Beatrice heart events (in fact, I just did a fourth, ! event for her), she's rank 10, and she's still acting like I'm joking

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was able to get Lucy to take me seriously, so it's definitely something weird going on with Bea, not the state of my game...

At least, I'm pretty sure I did three heart events for her. The final one was the one where she's baking bread, which the one guide I found said was her final event.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Snake Maze posted:

You only get one real attempt per heart level - once someone has turned you down they'll always turn you down until you rank up again. You might have just had bad luck the first time you asked?

does turning you down look the same as them thinking you're joking?

She's friend rank 10, which I thought was supposed to be a 100% success rate. Is it possible that it gets hosed up if you ask on the same day the level ranks up?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Asking on GameFAQs, it seems like if you're in the middle of an event or special day (like a festival) they'll auto-reject you and then that gets locked in until the next friend level rank up

so uh, don't make the same mistake I did and confess during a festival

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I ground out rank 11 and coincidentally it was another festival day and this time it worked. It seems like you can't confess if you have an event running because your first date uses the event slot--but if you attempt to confess, it still uses your attempt for that tier and you have to grind out another one. What a dumb system

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's one particular enemy formation in the leadup to the final boss which took me a good half-dozen tries to get down

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
after doing the three special dates, I know there's supposed to be some sort of special event that procs for your bf/gf and that after that you can start moving towards the wedding. Is that just like, a regular town event that you need to wait for the RNG to roll, or is there something I can do to trigger it (I'm starting to get generic dates so I assume it isn't triggered by asking them out on a date but I don't know for sure)? How long can I expect to be waiting for it

e: it turns out bea's triggers in the evening and I've been just zooming through the days and going to bed by 10am so I played a trick on myself

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 11, 2022

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Managed to get married just before Christmas. If you cut out all the mistakes I made from not understanding the system I bet you could do it before the first winter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's a bit of a gimmicky trick, but when the seasons change, any starfall seeds you have planted will turn into a stack of withered grass and then refund the seed