Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I can agree. The performance issues aren't gamebreaking but they are very noticable and consistant and considering how long these games usually are..that's a lot of time to put up with them. Still good, just mostly for RF fans who have already consumed all the other content available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I think the best bet is to combine them. First set of each furniture is prebuilt into your base, then you can buy portable versions. I like being able to move them, just boy is the base ugly.

Honestly after a few hours I barely notice the performance issues. A game like PoOT I noticed them the whole game length, but they're not too bad this game honestly.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It is wild to me that the RF5 bachelors vary from boy detective that seems a few years younger than you all the way to grown rear end man who owns a spa; but the bachelorettes are all around your character’s age.

It is criminal that Elsje isn’t a marriage candidate.

Anyway as for gameplay I am currently mainlining the story and it is kind of funny how dual blades and fists are far and away better than most other weapon classes. Just making GBS threads out damage and stunlocking enemies. I’m taking huge damage on hits and need to focus on crafting for a bit though because I need better armor.

For some reason the lvl 3 smithy unlocks ridiculously good armor to buy. Including a wind cloak for 72k with +385 def and +320 mdef. The weapons weren't too far out from what I could smith when I unlocked it but armor slot stuff sure was. It's a decent upgrade to shoot for if you are using one of the money exploits since it also has all the tier 3 tools.

v I gave up on the RNG gift stuff myself after spending way too many hours trying to get a heart pendant out of Terry and getting nothoing

Zeron fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 30, 2022

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Bosses give you 30pt per, so you can make a circuit everyday and hit all the bosses for a fair bit of gain. One of the 5 star wanted monsters gives you a crest that increases pt gain too.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
After following the tips (Save to internal storage, turn off dynamic resolution, set text speed to slow) my game experience is pretty smooth except for load times. Docked only mind. After the first few hours I can't say I notice any issues anymore.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
For RF5 crafting grind (exploit) You can just take the highest level recipe you have, replace the ingredients (if you have any) with scrap metal, and then just fail. You still get XP for it so you do as big a batch as you can (IE, max out crafting amount to 50 or whatever) and you can keep reusing the same scrap metal over and over. Very easy grind, once it starts slowing down you go get some bread and get higher level recipes. Works with every crafting skill, though cooking is a bit annoying since it changes it to failed dishes that don't stack, but you can grind cooking by spamming crop stuff for profit anyway. Combine with the 25% growth bath and heart pendant for max gains and just go take a bath once you run out of HP and you can get them all extremely high in no time at all.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 7, 2022

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
With one exception Starfall crops.

Mechanically, they do have different field sizes. Ice dragon has the largest total field, but the first dragon has the biggest without taking into account terra crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
The only real way to do it is to make sure to have millions of cash on hands at all times and wait for Heinz to sell stone/lumber. Put a stone/lumber box in the shop and then you can either reload on Fridays until he sells them or just visit each day until you see one. And then still slowly and annoyingly buy like 100k of each.

Edit: On the plus side I don't think there's any real point to the last tier of upgrades? By the time you could ever consider them you should already have the game solved.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 22, 2022