Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can forgive a lot about Olive Town, but jesus christ, Dog, move.

Nearing the end of Year 2. Trying to finish up, but really limited by how long it takes to improve quality of animal products through generations.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pointlessly grindy, especially at the end. Which is a shame to end with such a sour taste.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TurnipFritter posted:

I didn't really mind the second storyline requiring a lot of grind, because it made me actually do stuff, whereas the first storyline was like, every requirement was something I just had laying in a storage box somewhere. The Orichalcum grind for every high level thing was real bad though!

There were storylines? Those were all done quick. I’m talking achievements.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

FrontRowSeat posted:

Just came across this thread and now I'm curious which version of Story of Seasons I should pick up. I haven't played a farm sim since Harvest Moon 64 which was also my first experience with the genre. 11 year old me loved that game and played the crap out of it, and for some reason I thought the Harvest Moon games kind of died out long ago.

I have a Switch and PC, and it seems like the Mineral Town remake has been much better received than Olive Town generally. Is that the clear better choice? Does it matter much which platform I choose (aside from personal preference of having mobile capabilities vs being stuck at my PC)?

Start with Friends of Mineral Town. (100% estimate: 70 hours) If you dig it and want to ramp up your day to day struggle, then go play Pioneers of Olive Town (100% estimate: 120 hours). A Wonderful Life is also coming out this Summer.

You playing other games in the genre? You might like My Time at Portia (100+ Hours), Graveyard Keeper (60 hours), and Stardew Valley (hundreds of hours), of course.

I'd avoid any game on mobile. I play all of these games with an XBOX controller on a PC and it's very comfortable.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 9, 2023

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A Wonderful Life remake is now available on Steam.

50 bucks is kind of a lot. I'm personally holding off. The steam reviews are also going 50-50 which is... very not great.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Richlove posted:

I have RF4 and RF5 already. Loved RF4 but RF5 just feels like a lazy 3D version of RF4 so far.

Are there any other life/farming sims I should pick up in the Steam summer sale this year? I keep looking at Sun Haven but folks say it is Stardew with MMO grinding mechanics.

Portia, Sandrock

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Zero faith

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

a7m2 posted:

Really enjoyed AWL

How many hours you put in to 100% it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I just want to know how much time you’re getting out of it for that price point. Not amazing, as these games go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A Wonderful Life went on sale for 50% off today. Nabbed it.

I know it's not going to be nearly as good as more modern games in the genre, but I played this back when I was a tiny teenager.