Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I got Olive Town recently, and loved it. I gather it had a lot of problems that were patched out but since I didn't play it back then I can't really compare. All I know is that right now it's quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I could only get one: RF4 or RF5 on Steam, which one should I get? I have played the original release of RF4 but I barely remember a thing. I'd love to hear the reasons why one is better than the other

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Thanks all, I guess I'll go for RF4 even though I played it before

Richlove posted:

I have RF4 and RF5 already. Loved RF4 but RF5 just feels like a lazy 3D version of RF4 so far.

Are there any other life/farming sims I should pick up in the Steam summer sale this year? I keep looking at Sun Haven but folks say it is Stardew with MMO grinding mechanics.

I picked up SoS:AWL and I'm super enjoying it. It's refreshing to have a game where time progression is actually meaningful.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Really enjoyed AWL

Kyte posted:

If you're willing to wait and prefer characterization over mechanical refinement, you could wait two months for RF3 Special.

Rynoto posted:

+1 for RF4S.

Better town, characters, events, and just general content to make it feel alive. 5's move to 3d leaves it feeling much more sterile and less like an actual community that you join.

Both are good games but I'd only do 5 if you really like 4 and burned through all its content.

E: Missed you saying you'd get 4 so welp. It's definitely a great game though and the special remaster just makes it even better.

Thanks! I ended up getting both haha. I might start with 5 and then go to 4. Seems like the other way around will be harder.

I've played 4 and 3 before a looong time ago when they first came out and I'm curious to try both of them again. I believe I preferred the characters of 3 over 4 at the time.

Kyte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqOAsevYJNc
The new harvest moon actually looking like something somebody might want to buy.

Wow this does not look terrible. I'm definitely not getting it unless reviews are really good though.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 18, 2023

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Zesty posted:

How many hours you put in to 100% it?
Steam says 60. Though not all of that was actively playing or optimal. You could do it faster probably if you play optimally but there are no miss-able achievements due to the post-credits mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Zesty posted:

I just want to know how much time you’re getting out of it for that price point. Not amazing, as these games go.

Purely looking at dollars/hour or whatever you're right that it's not the best game out there but I don't think that's a good metric personally. As I get older I appreciate shorter games more. That's not to say it's not a valid way of looking at it!