Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
get a magnifying glass and use it as upgrade ingredient to your hoe and/or scythe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it'd be nice if one day a rf game let you marry an adult

Your MC would have to be an adult for that to happen and everyone knows adults can't be anime protagonists.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nemo2342 posted:

So are my options pick the vegetable so I can use/sell it, or use the sickle to turn it into better seeds?

Veggies may randomly drop a seed, which might even level up on its own if the soil is good enough, but the sickle will always level the seed up to the tool's quality cap. (So plants that regrow probably don't need a sickle unless you want to speedrun it which tbh isn't worth it because you'll run into the sickle's quality cap very fast)
Once you sell a leveled up veggie it'll upgrade the shop's seeds as well.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

cheetah7071 posted:

do plants that harvest multiple times have the same period between harvests as it takes to grow in the first place

I got bell peppers and strawberries in the shop and trying to calculate their profit per day is, much more complicated compared to one-and-done plants

Crops that regrow should list both their initial and their regrowth lengths in the description.
However, harvesting depletes soil quality which reduces growth rate, and multi-harvest crops will keep depleting the soil until it hits zero and the plant withers (or you get bored waiting for a new harvest) so the math is not that simple either way.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
RF5's biggest merit is that it exists at all and hopefully it allows RF6 to be made later on.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Rune Factory was dead, Neverland had bankrupted in 2013, a year after RF4 released in Japan (a month after it released in the US and before it released in Europe).
It was only because Marvelous (who also makes Story of Seasons) snapped up the developers and brought them back together that RF4S and eventually RF5 came to be.
And that took seven years.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dirk the Average posted:

For the first bit - you can get town events happening where a character is participating in some random thing around town. Once you finish that event, they'll go back to normal. I think Dylas will sell you bread if you bring him to the restaurant though? Pretty sure he works at the bread shop.

Adding to this if you check your diary it should tell you if you're in the middle of a town event.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Aren't Olive Town's mining and makers and whatnot basically an expansion of Mineral Town's mining and makers and whatnot.
If it looks like Stardew stuff I'm pretty sure that's 'cause Stardew took a lot from FoMT.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Silver Falcon posted:

I am not sure where but I picked up a sword that's a giant carrot.

.... I am totally giving this to Dylas.

You say this but I do A LOT of fishing, so i can make sashimi to give Dylas. :v:

If you fish up a tuna save it and check the long sword recipes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Like most of RF's advanced mechanics, you probably wanna check the guides in the gamefaqs forums and/or the RF wiki for further information.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Silver Falcon posted:

Mother FUCKER is that what's been holding me back this whole time?!

I'm guessing that's too low.

I just planted a bunch of carrots, so I'll have to look into how to make them giant so I can tame a horse.

Quick way to level up forging is to make a cheapass single-iron sword and then use more iron (or scrap metals) to upgrade it. Use food and the baths to keep your RP up and remember that if you're out of RP doing anything that uses RP will take exactly 1/4 of your HP so you can no-RP forge up to 3 times before you get knocked out.

Also crafting won't fail as long as the RP cost is less than your max RP, your current RP doesn't matter (save for the HP deduction mentioned above) so don't be afraid of hitting the limit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
If you do want to boost your max RP keep in mind pretty much every skill raises it, btw.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Silver Falcon posted:

It took me awhile to figure out my crops would not just insta-die between seasons. It's... honestly really nice? Cuz lately I've been getting quests from Eliza to grow out of season crops, and it would honestly be really annoying to be unable to complete those until the season changed over! Especially considering those quests are directly tied to being able to buy better stuff at the shops.

... Speaking of that, I saw a quest from her that I have not the faintest, foggiest clue how to do. Something about growing a freaking dungeon in my crop field like it's a turnip?! What? Literally what? It doesn't tell me at all HOW I do such a thing, just that I can do it.

Do you know where Demon's Den is? If not, it's to the right of Sercerezo Lake. There's a simple puzzle and a boss fight which awards dungeon seeds.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So basically the same as RF4, except this time you can bring 3 people instead of just 1/2?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wouldn't be surprised if they balanced out the drops around the increased drop boosters.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wonder if anyone's figured out how to cheat engine 100% drop rate.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They said the spinoff would be set in the place where Shino, Sakuya, Mei, Yue, etc. come from.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

a7m2 posted:

If I could only get one: RF4 or RF5 on Steam, which one should I get? I have played the original release of RF4 but I barely remember a thing. I'd love to hear the reasons why one is better than the other

If you're willing to wait and prefer characterization over mechanical refinement, you could wait two months for RF3 Special.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqOAsevYJNc
The new harvest moon actually looking like something somebody might want to buy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Zesty posted:

Zero faith
Maybe with a couple more games it might be good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I imagine they decided to cut off RF5 so they could focus on RF6 and Project Dragon.