Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

YESSSSSS!!!!! thank you rune factory!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

No they'll reset to a particular phase in their growth. I remember other games having a library which had the growth patterns for crops in them, dunno if this one has.

This is the rough idea though:

v. 0 (seed) - 2 days - v. 1 - 3 days - v.3 (harvest)
reset back to v. 1

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It kinda makes sense to me to have youngish looking options considering a big part of their audience is gonna be kids themselves, but I cannot understand why they limit characters like Illuminata, or Misasagi, or Terry. I'd marry any of them in a heartbeat.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I keep getting hit by instant death attacks and end up paying 50,000g for it. It's very frustrating!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Dirk the Average posted:

Yeah RF5 has a problem with faint attacks past the midgame. Theoretically you can go find the big chickens on the right side of the grass area and get their combs - those can upgrade equipment to resist faint attacks. There's also Curry Manju to resist faint attacks 100% of the time, and I think an accessory that provides status immunity.

It's a really bad design decision to have so many enemies inflict it though - instant death against the player should be extremely rare or something that can be played around (like the death/curse status effects in the souls games, where they're something that builds up by standing in fart gas).

Yeah I'm working on adding faint res to a bunch of stuff now. It's annoying though to be fighting a random enemy in an otherwise normal dungeon and suddenly get completely knocked out!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

brainwrinkle posted:

Is there a reliable source of withered grass anywhere? I’d like to mass produce some Formula A.

There's some at the base of trees in town -- in particular, one on the path south to the beach just east of the great tree plaza, and another right next to where Simone usually stands during a festival.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh lol, I'm sorry. I'm in winter so I guess they withered up by then! There's also a bunch in the first cave on the right after the wall in Gadeus Grasslands. Only four at a time. Otherwise I know they pop up in dungeons but I can never remember where.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah other farming sims comes under +++ I guess. I definitely welcome discussion of related games in here!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Cavauro posted:

sounds like something i would be able to get used to but i'll probably wait a while so that it's $40 or something instead. Thanks for your help folks

That would definitely be my recommendation. If you're not insanely keen for a new Rune Factory game like I was, it's probably not worth paying full price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh no, that's a tragic loss. The unhingedness of the characters in RF3 was one of its main charms.