Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I was in the beta for Sandrock and from the moment they implemented it to the last version I played (which admittedly was several months ago), I could never do the desert farming stuff they touted so much because trying to use the tool to do so would crash the game without fail. I submitted a bug report with saves and everything and never heard a word back, and I never saw anything in the changelogs to suggest they ever resolved the issue, so I guess my system is just incompatible with that mechanic for whatever reason, :rip:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

woke kaczynski posted:

:hai:

Also you can be gay and nonbinary in the Wonderful Life remake which owns, truly blessed with the big gay battle royale of farm sims coming our way

Sure hope they overhaul the actual farming and mining mechanics to be less tedious. I loved the characters, setting, and aging mechanics, but boy howdy was that game an absolute unsatisfying slog to play past the first year.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
AWL was an interesting experimental title with great character designs that was absolutely miserable to play past the first year. I don't see how the remake overhauls the systems enough to make that not the case again.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

KariOhki posted:

On other games mentioned, I did not like My Time At Portia as it's not really enough farming and too much crafting (and waiting for things to craft since everything's on a timer). I go back to it every so often to try to progress but it's rough. I haven't tried Sandrock but I heard it's better.

Yeah, MTA games aren't farming games and don't try to be. They're more like much more simple and chill Factorio-esque resource management games, with farming game genre social and exploration stuff making up their other half. I personally really like them, but if your zen is crops and animals specifically, yeah they won't do it for you.