Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
So.... If I can just squeeze myself through the thronging masses...

Anyone else pick this up in the end? I've no prior exposure to this franchise at all, but with a year of New Horizons under the belt, I decided to pick this up rather than start yet another farm in Stardew Valley. A speculative purchase. All be it an expensive one.

Not gonna lie, things seemed a bit charmless initially, but once that daily loop started to establish itself, it's begun to sink its hooks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I was *definitely* ready to get my farming/life sim on once more. Animal Crossing is cool, but to be sure, doesn't quite scratch that itch in the same way. I need that accelerated day/night cycle, and the corresponding march of activity. The game continues to get its hooks into me.

The 'makers' thing is interesting. Outside of performance, one aspect that has come up in much coverage I've seen is around the makers, and the sense of needing to have vast fields of them running, which need to be tended.

Since I'm generally about the daily routine and the "three Fs" (farming, fishing, and foraging), I'm quite content not to grind mats as optimally as one could. But depending on how material requirements ramp up, I reserve the right to complain about it at some point :colbert: