Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I was a little on the fence/resigned to marrying that lazy dude with the hood, but now I get to marry that cute elf girl! Hot drat, love to be represented in anime video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

lunar detritus posted:

How's the performance?

Honestly, it’s not fantastic. There are sudden FPS drops but they seem to only happen on screen transitions? Like when you load into the town or a building or exit the menu. It doesn’t really bother me, but it’s noticeable and if they really bug you, it might be an issue.

That being said, I’m really enjoying the game. Game seems very chill, but I’m annoyed I can’t gay marry the lady who runs the restaurant or the one-eyed doctor.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

there's a third lady with huge boobies after the first dungeon

no you can't marry her either

Goddammit let me be Hina’s stepmother.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Fishing rules now. So much more leeway on timing and gives you a second shot if you gently caress up.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 23, 2022

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Nuebot posted:

I just found out about these mods and so my interest in 5 has been derailed because of the performance issues because try as I might: I can't find too many, if any, people actually talking about the mechanics of the game. :negative: it performs so badly no one's playing it I guess, so I have no way of knowing if it improves on 4's crafting and such or not.

Crafting is basically identical. Most of it is the same as 4, but in a 3D environment.

Except you auto pickup items all Stardew Valley, which is great and the fishing is way more forgiving.
There’s also a new monster-catching system that lets you grab items from them without fighting them. It also lets you grab items from a distance (like fruit up in trees).

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 24, 2022

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Nuebot posted:

Thanks, is this game "bigger" than 4? As in more stuff to craft, collect and explore? Or is it the same/smaller? I like the tedium of getting everything.

I’m not that far in, so I’m not sure. It’s a little hard to tell because of the transition from the 2D screens to the more open-world. The initial area is pretty big and I know there’s more past it. I imagine it’s probably about the same size The recipes are the same so far, but the monsters have new designs ( and are much cuter imo).

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Nuebot posted:

Where do I find pike? This kid asked for one first day and I'm going to fish this planet to extinction before I find one.

I found pike in the pond on the path leading to the jungle area, northwest of town.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Dirk the Average posted:

On the other hand, you can do silly things with the new system like put a weapon rack outside and use it to access all of your storage like some sort of wormhole.

I've been doing that with my shipping bin, since you can deposit from your fridge/storage/wardrobe, so you can transfer something from your fridge into the bin and then from the bin into your bag.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

lunar detritus posted:

Does anyone else have problems with the timing for the dodge + hit? It feels really random if it triggers or not.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever successfully gotten one off. The dodge has a little bit of input lag too for me? But maybe because I'm playing on docked mode.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
After playing through it a few times, one of my favourite things to do in RF4 was to unlock the Sharence Maze early (like, level 30 or something early) and just run through it looking for treasure chests, because sometimes I'd find a bonkers powerful endgame weapon and just start tearing poo poo up before I even hit the 3rd dungeon.

I don't recommend this for your first couple of playthroughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I hope they re-release Animal Parade on a modern system. The farming wasn't amazing but I loved the cute little silkworms and marrying that weird wizard guy who didn't tell you his name until you were married.