Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII
Yakuza 0
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit
SpaceChem
DROD
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that

Not feeling up for DQVII yet, played through VI too recently. How long is IX if I skip the post game BS?
Averaging about 30 minutes of progress in RS2 per month, this game stresses me out.
Failed to install SpaceChem on tablet.
Successfully installed DROD on laptop.
Finally kicked the StS addiction but now Yakuza has severely derailed my plans...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im adding to my goal bc earlier this year i made a big list of every game i owned that i still havent played, or enjoyed but never finished for whatever reason, and have been slowly working my way through them (either beat or play a few hours) and want to finish at least all the pc ones this year. heres the list now

Complete
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Call of Duty: Advance Warfare
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Painkiller: Black Edition
Q.U.B.E.
Yakuza Kiwami 2

Incomplete
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Undertale
Killer is Dead
Dishonored
The Witness
Hollow Knight
428 Shibuya Scramble
La-Mulana
Root Double -Before Crime*After Days Xtend

i have stuff on ps2, ps4, saturn, wii u and switch to work through too evnetually.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Simple goals this year

1. Don't buy new games just play what I have
2. Don't start up more than two games at once (stuff where you do a little a day like AC not counted)
3. Finish what I start unless I totally hate it

This was going well until I turned 30 in May and treated myself to one new game and the dam broke on all three.

But I will get back on the right track coming into Q4 :hai:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I obviously changed my goals to "beat all the Yakuza games" but I'm guessing I'll probably get through 5, 6 and like... half of Judgement by January, so it'll bleed into next year, especially since the Judgement sequel will be out by then.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking I want to make this the year of the JRPG as well, specifically PS1/PS2 RPGs. Started a Wild Arms playthrough the other night and I've got Breath of Fire III going as well...

I've beaten five JRPGs this year, more if you count action RPGs like Nier Replicant #Winning

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've beaten five JRPGs this year, more if you count action RPGs like Nier Replicant #Winning

i'm on my fourth right now, lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im back to buying new games because i just wanna play what i wanna play

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive got to finish nocturne and get caught up on saga frontier. yakuza's nearly done though and thats the crown jewels of my goals list

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Not feeling up for DQVII yet, played through VI too recently. How long is IX if I skip the post game BS?

not super long for a dq, like 40ish hours? maybe less, iirc it's kind of short

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fallen way behind on my Yakuza goals lol. IDK what it is but this happens every summer. My gaming dips dramatically. I'm not too worried about it tho, the plan remains: finish them all. I'm just not sure that's happening before January

I also started Nier and that's been my focus for what little gaming I have been doing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

i have a terrible habit of starting a game and even if i really like it, i'll put it on hold to start a different one, so they just pile up over time. i'm gonna make my goal to beat all the games i can remember being partway through recently before i pick up anything new.

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yakuza 0
  • Amid Evil
  • Doom Eternal
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 64 (120 stars)

lmao yeah no i've made no progress since last time, partly because i haven't had much time to game lately. rip

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i bought like thirty new games durin lockdown because of boredom, i think my goal for next years gonna be to beat as many as i can. still going to stick to my guns for this year though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

im adding to my goal bc earlier this year i made a big list of every game i owned that i still havent played, or enjoyed but never finished for whatever reason, and have been slowly working my way through them (either beat or play a few hours) and want to finish at least all the pc ones this year. heres the list now

Complete
Red Faction: Armaggedon
Call of Duty: Advance Warfare
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Painkiller: Black Edition
Q.U.B.E.
Yakuza Kiwami 2

Incomplete
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Undertale
Killer is Dead
Dishonored
The Witness
Hollow Knight
428 Shibuya Scramble
La-Mulana
Root Double -Before Crime*After Days Xtend

i have stuff on ps2, ps4, saturn, wii u and switch to work through too evnetually.

I beat marlow Briggs, undertale, killer is dead and I have like 5 puzzles left in the witness. Not bad but I'm not gonna finish by January probably.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
sticking to the system, play one game at a time, no hopping around unless the games not working for me.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome posted:

Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII
Yakuza 0
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit
SpaceChem
DROD
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that

Averaging about 30 minutes of progress in RS2 per month, this game stresses me out.
Failed to install SpaceChem on tablet.
Successfully installed DROD on laptop.
Finally kicked the StS addiction but now Yakuza has severely derailed my plans...

I battled 5 guards in Romancing SaGa 2 during the world's longest escape sequence and looked at a spreadsheet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

sticking to the system, play one game at a time, no hopping around unless the games not working for me.

this is normally what i do but i can only play yakuza when i'm at home on my tv, and i wasn't getting enough gaming in, so. now i'm beating old JPRGs on the go.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im having a lot more success playing multiple games in short sessions than one game in a long session

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I should beat Y4 this weekend, god willing. I should be able to go faster once we get into September and I have more than one hour a day to game.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

in the same way a Russian classic counts for reading three books the same goes for regular games and JRPGs imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

in the same way a Russian classic counts for reading three books the same goes for regular games and JRPGs imo

i dunno, i breezed through the first three final fantasy games in the time it takes me to get through one character in Y5, lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i dunno, i breezed through the first three final fantasy games in the time it takes me to get through one character in Y5, lol

Congrats on beating nine games.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

heehee posted:

fallout new vegas sub 13. bomberman hero sub 50. dunno what else

quit both of these games lol, got 13:32 in new vegas though :notbad:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Congrats on beating nine games.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't made any progress on my goal :eng99:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

there's plenty of time, just start with one. you can do it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's all work on our goals tonight. We got this Imps.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

this has convinced me to bring the WiiU from my ma's house back home to play it on the 4K and finally get through wind waker hd pikmin 3 and wonderful 101

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i didn't set any goals and i'm doing great. just playing what i want to whenever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

Redd didn’t stop by the island today

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Salieri shaking in anger as he reads the Games Beat 2021 thread

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I just wanna play the games I already paid money for:

- Finish Cyberpunk 2077
- Finish Yakuza K1 and K2
- Finish Rez Infinite

- Restart Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Restart Prey
- Start The Witcher 1, 2 and 3
- Start Dishonored 1 and 2

This year I have finished:

- Yakuza 7 and 0
- It Takes Two
- A Way Out
- Dark Souls III
- Control
- Into the Breach
- Slay the Spire
- Doom Eternal
- Journey

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon posted:

Redd didn’t stop by the island today

Imp magic got Redd to visit today, but it wasn’t strong enough to make him bring artwork I need

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
My goal was to play a souls game. I've got Dark Souls steam but my buddy said it's a bad port even after remastering and I should install a heap of shady community patches.

I touch computers all day so i don't want to have to touch files on my personal time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpaceAceJase posted:

My goal was to play a souls game. I've got Dark Souls steam but my buddy said it's a bad port even after remastering and I should install a heap of shady community patches.

I touch computers all day so i don't want to have to touch files on my personal time.

your buddy is dumb, its fine, and Remastered is even good. theres lots of mods out there for replays if you want, but just pick it up and go if youre intested.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Progress report:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SpaceAceJase posted:

the remastered version is "fine" (looks like poo poo because it was done by pollacks). the real dark souls begins by reading the before i play wiki in its entirety for all games, consulting 20 different for build tips, watching an entire lets play (one sanctioned by slowbeef, the inventor of lets plays hopefully), reading the fextralife dark souls wiki, and donating to the fextralife wiki donation. once you've done all this you MAY be ready for the ultiamte gaming challange ahead aka holding the shield button while circle strafing the monster you locked onto