Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Leperflesh posted:

Yesterday I was typing up a "roll or choose a Motivation for your character's reason for doing THE THING" table, specifically in this case because the players settled on "treasure hunting" for the adventure's theme and I want them to each have an in-character motivation (or two) for going treasure hunting.

And I was thinking, hmm, this little six item list I just typed up, it's sharable, system-agnostic, fairly specific, too short to put up on drivethru even for like 99 cents, maybe there should be a thread for sharing stuff like this? Just random game aids, that are open enough that they don't (have to) go in a specific system's megathread, but too short to deserve their own thread, and not wanting to get lost in the chat thread.

I would love that, though I have little to contribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You did a great job!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mods didn’t know!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

trapstar posted:

What's your guy's thoughts on a creative brainstorming thread? Like a thread that goes across all systems for TTRPGS where you can ask for creative advice and share ideas/maps/stories etc. for your setting or other creative activities?

We see some of that sort of thing in the DM Advice thread, fwiw.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There are sex threads on the forums that are informative and earnest. Worst case someone gets a bit of red text and the OP closes it if it goes off the rails, right?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PMF could be a good fit too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“Cool TG thing you just found/remembered” would be an insta-bookmark

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There’s also a lot of discussion about the RT TTRPG system in the Games thread about the upcoming CRPG. Worth dropping a link in there too.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003649&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mellonbread posted:

Is there a place for discussing recent purchases? I figure I'll just use the general chat unless there's already a dedicated thread.

There’s one in PYF…

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631953&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1