Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
I'm curious about the world of erotic game / their design trends was wondering if there would be interest in a thread about the subject. I don't really know anything about them though so I probably wouldn't be the ideal OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Unfortunately some segment of "erotic game" actually translates to "game with some extremely problematic poo poo, positioned as 'erotic' as an excuse or veneer". However I have seen e.g. "games for lovers" advertised on the shelf in normal game stores, too.

We're not exactly a rated-PG forum so I wouldn't say it's totally off limits, but I would caution anyone in such a thread to be aware that the general population of SA's TG subforum takes a Dim View of Problematic Crap, we routinely mock titty models in the terrible minis thread, people got absolutely piled on in the boardgame thread for being fans of a gross boardgame, etc. Simply gleefully posting about how sexy some exploitative game looks isn't going to get an enthusiastic reception.

But of course consenting adults can play erotic games and I don't think TG should ban discussion of them out of hand. My opinion, I haven't asked the other mods.

I had that 'games for lovers' genre in mind, like what you might find in Spenser's Gifts or a sex shop. I always kind of wondered if there were interesting design decisions in any of those, or if it was just 'roll dice with dares instead of numbers' gag gift stuff. It sounds like there's a lot of gross problematic bullshit in the RPG end of the eros gaming world that could get messy (sadly this does not surprise me as I've seen the tabletop game politics thread in D&D). I'm fine foregoing discussion of the topic.