Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hey any interest in a play by post adaptation of Traveller?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

alright ive been working off and on (mostly off), and got what i think is an extremely jank halfass campaign skeleton set up alright, altho i have almost no art for it yet which is kinda lovely. Does anybody wanna help test it?

The highly esteemed Dr. Sledj needs a team of "ok enough" interns to do some simple errands at the university of Hesaim:

imo this is a good spot to start because the kinds of people who would be scouts or scholars from the abridged rules would hang out in this system i think.

I still only ever picked up the $1 ruleset + Death Station + Stranded, so these three cheap things would be all u need, basically. Or i plan on using stuff from in those things -- you won't really need anything tbh.
    the gimmicks of this thread would be the same as my other threads:
  • like the gbs ones, you can basically bullshit up whatever character sounds decent enough 2u, altho at least try to semi follow the rules on this one. I'm planning on just sorta shepherding it and the thread itself can consensus on changes in rule details, like the gbs "rule system" built itself from nothing.
  • like gbs you can also drop in and out however whenever. Any number of goons who want in can get in or bail out, i have devised a shaky mechanism for this if needed
  • like zlata (who I swear is still going to be updated and hopefully soon) you can get passive skill roll data dumps, and have some npc buds
  • like both, NPCs might actually be somebody else's PCs, so watch ur rear end i'm not puppeting everything. All my threads are always in the same setting even if the set dressing is different. *cue maniacal laughter*
I'm aiming for a slightly more serious and structured version of the barely holding together goofball GBS thread. I guess kind of like an individualized players version of Zlata. But in space cause why not? Also having this would help me keep everything updated more reasonably, i hope.

i don't wanna bother making the thread unless there's some people who actually wanna play

e: I'm doing an actual recruitment thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030205

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hell yeah i will read and post in it