Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetrock
Jul 26, 2005

This is the tower of murder... it's where I hang out!
I'm interested in creating a Traveller thread; I'm an old grognard who played it starting in the LBB days of the 1980s and the MegaTraveller era, dropping out when Traveller: The New Era arrived--thus, my focus with the OP would be more about old-school Traveller and its influence as an early SFRPG with an absurdly rich game-world (that the developers decided to entirely blow up for no good reason, not that I'm still bitter about it or anything.) As a game it has lots of wacky idiosyncracies that are fun to talk about (dying during character creation, gameplay requiring a scientific calculator, furry appeal for fans of intelligent cats/dogs/starfish/homicidal vegetarians, Imperial space marines before they became SPESS MEHREENS) and as a game that's been around for 40 years, with lots of adherents and variants. Other than a couple "WTF, Traveller?" articles on the main page and occasional passing references to the game in a few posts, I'd never seen a Traveller megathread here so figured it might be time to create one. Time to :justpost:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU