Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah but that doesn’t really explain why he started setting it up a month in advance.

The part that keeps haunting me is the way he called in a noise complaint on his downstairs neighbors the night before becoming one of the greatest monsters in American History. He’s like the anime final boss of Boomer Karens

And they mention it in the podcast but he was just playing video poker. He wasn’t doing high stakes gambling or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The North Tower posted:

I found the Joe Biden song from the episode: https://youtu.be/n6qFLq44Fos
I do not condone this or anything like it against anyone, including public figures, but thought that looking at this doofus would be merely funny because of the absurdity of the song barely synced to Weezer.

Caleb is great. You seem offended by the song though and I’m not sure why.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like the theory that Obama and Osama are the same person.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TenementFunster posted:

it was just some malignant boomer psycho with a few thousand bucks worth of “over the counter” firepower. i know it sounds unthinkable to anyone from a less insane nation, but that’s American Exceptionalism, Baby!

So you just look over all the weird poo poo?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just a crazy boomer that’s why we need Ellen to explain the official narrative on daytime tv.

https://youtu.be/F7gj1FoRIfE

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DrVenkman posted:

To go back to Paddock and the Vegas shooting. He wasn't just 'crazy' but was your good old fashioned right-wing conspiracy theorist who believed that Hurricane Katrina was a dry run for the the police and military to start kicking down doors and taking away guns. He was obsessed with the idea that people were going to have their guns taken away at any moment and told one friend that “somebody has to wake up the American public and get them to arm themselves.”

For whatever reason the FBI and Police have downplayed his fanaticism even though he was fixated on anti-government conspiracy theories, perceived threats of gun control and taxes.

To be sure he was also in declining mental health and his gambling had gotten out of control and it all created a perfect storm, so to speak, but the only reason people think we don't know anything about his motives is that the FBI were downplaying white extremism at the time.

There’s no actual proof of any of this btw. Just hearsay from people saying they over heard him say things about right wing conspiracy theories. And then a bunch of articles on why believing in conspiracies makes you right wing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DrVenkman posted:

Well no it's less 'I overheard him say something' and more 'he said this to me'.

Oh never mind a guy said a thing to someone. Thats the evidence I was looking for.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sexpig by night posted:

he was the one old white guy who believed in FEMA Camps who never actually posted it on facebook or in any archivable way and poo poo, actually

No but see this one guy said he heard him say this stuff and remembers it all in perfect detail.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean which podcasters are working harder than Brace & Liz? They are functionally indistinguishable from “real” journalists at this point. You could make an argument for them being the best podcast this week.

They didn’t even have a friends spec script.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Liz’s voice never phased me because she sounds like every girl in California. She’s cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I also saw people complaining about his ring camera comment, and while ring the company wasn’t invented yet people still have security systems with cameras. Their point still makes sense that the neighborhood they were in should have had some sort of footage of something.