Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Dropped on a day I have a ton of podcast friendly work to do hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

I love the combination of bump stocks for high cyclic rates AND high accuracy. never used a bump stock but i've wasted some $$ bump firing an AK, and while hilarious, it's all over the goddamn place. I would expect any 5.56 platform to be more manageable with a bumpstock, but still not great. That detail, plus their claim of no optics is very strange to me. I don't have a good feeling for how dense the crowd was - maybe for most of the shooting he was just floating rounds in the direction of the concert?

I've done some shooting comps with professional shooters, and watched them put dinner plate groups at 500m with iron sights and it was very impressive. these folks practice a lot and are accomplished, other than the gun sales paddock doesn't sound like an expert marksman or someone with significant firearms experience.

also - love to see our favorite ZA outfit, executive outcomes, show up. only a matter of time, i guess!

From what I recall from the videos it was a proper killing field, the crowd was extremely dense and had essentially nowhere to take cover or escape. The lack of iron sights on some of the guns wouldn't hamper their effectiveness within that context imo, especially if he started out with them where just pointing the gun in the general direction of the crowd would be sufficient.

He didn't have to be a crack shot to get those results.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I think a lot of people gloss over or forget most of whatever they learn about WWI/II unless they develop a specific interest for them, so I understand not being able (or willing) to wrap your mind around the fact that one person doing that much damage alone isn't unusual.

But lol how do you think over a million dudes died in the somme in 140 days?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Well I guess i proved my own point :pseudo:

still only one shooter tho

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I think theres a way to do it but I couldn't figure it out so I just paid for it lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

In my younger years I was a believer in the conspiracy (as most people are generally and the film JFK came out when I was younger) but I don't think it holds up to scrutiny. Certainly makes me feel like the odd one out when it comes to internet leftism.

I ask this out of curiosity and not in judgement, but what's your take on 9/11? I never bought the JFK poo poo until the huge multipart series on 9/11, which made the idea of a small number of people pulling a ton of strings to kill a single person (albeit a sitting president lol) seem a lot more plausible to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

if you were turned off on the sirhan sirhan trueanon ep because of the hypnosis or "woo woo" you are operating under impressive levels of cognitive dissonance