Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have podcast friendly work tomorrow, so nobody spoil it I haven't figured out if that guy did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
how could it be a weird gun deal or something, the security cameras didn't see a man in a black suit and sunglasses fleeing the building with a big bag labeled 'FED MONEY'?????

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I do like the idea that 'dude randomly began hoarding heavy firearms and just dumped pounds of lead into a random event he had no connection to because he was some wacky boomer' is the most obvious and simple answer, though, just 'shooters be crazy'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TenementFunster posted:

he could buy that all poo poo in one trip to any large vegas gun store. “dude was a psychopath who wanted to go out big” seems more plausible than any made-up story about “gun smuggling” or whatever. guns are easy as poo poo to get in the US! the feds or saudis or whoever don’t need to go through any weirdo like Paddock to get a shitload of ARs and ammo. just call up any hundreds of stores, or just call Colt, FN, etc. direct!

it's not that he literally couldn't do it it's that he spent a weird amount of time amassing an unfeasible arsenal for a completely random target, even if he just wanted to 'go out big' there are way more dramatic targets in Literal Las Vegas that don't require you to turn a hotel room into a mini-bunker. Spree killers tend to not use that degree of planning, even with poo poo like school shooters who show that much detail it's a weird amount of time and work to put in to destroy something that he has no links to.

Like, I'm not even saying it literally could only be something more sinister or murky, I'm just saying going 'well shooters be crazy' is kinda a lazy way to dismiss the genuinely insanely strange nature of the shooting. Even if we all agree it was exactly as it looked and he really was just a crazy boomer who wanted to die big it's easily one of the stranger sides of that sort of event.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the Busch family are demons but they're pretty normal rich people demons, 100% deserving of nothing but bad things happening to them but not really any special breed of horrific. The 'best' they have is genuinely hilarious cartoon rich person poo poo like, yea, 'I can't fly my helicopter full of drugs and guns, I'm too high from the drugs, better bring it down in this random parking lot'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

Oh never mind a guy said a thing to someone. Thats the evidence I was looking for.

he was the one old white guy who believed in FEMA Camps who never actually posted it on facebook or in any archivable way and poo poo, actually

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

i say swears online posted:

lol here we gooooo

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/08/us-investigators-increasingly-confident-directed-energy-attacks-behind-havana-syndrome-515693

aaaahahaha "mass delusion? but it affected so many people who are now in early retirement!"

literally just the 'there are dozens of us' meme

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if havana syndrome is fake why do I keep saying it's real and we must punish my enemies for it????

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

you simply must respect the power move

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
your mom IS in jail though, sorry

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wizard Master posted:

A funny observation I just had: true love means finishing each other's sentences - so I suppose she really did love Jeffrey Epstein.

wizard master

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea they could probably do an ep on the lab leak nonsense but it really just boils down to 'almost every medical person who studied it said 'yea this is some bat poo poo that went buck wild, nature's crazy huh folks?' and people like 'the bat lady of Wuhan' have been very actively encouraging people to tour the lab and inspect it themselves while the US keeps going 'well...we won't, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING????'

The only people on the other side are idiots like that Redford ex CDC head who goes on Fox to say 'well OBVIOUSLY it's lab made, just, uh...just look at it...yea...that's got Han treachery all over it...' and genuine morons like Tom Cotton using a boring red scare 'well China can't prove it DIDN'T come from a lab soooo'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's really weird to have someone on so coy about just saying 'yes of course Ukraine is full of Nazis, that was universally accepted truth right until this war started and Azov has been nothing but emboldened and strengthened by Zelensky' on a podcast like this. Like, you can just call the guys with SS logos chanting that Bandara is their hero Nazis, nobody's going to yell at you here!