Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The gun running explanation always made the most sense to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I think Brace has said he's familiar with Curtis' other stuff but Liz is not. I think they are doing themselves a disservice as some of the criticism they are levying against his new thing was addressed more specifically in like Bitter Lake or Power of Nightmares. Also they don't seem to be engaging with the premise of this current thing as looking at history from an emotional lens.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

You should see the movie though, it’s great. Joe Pesci really does blow it away but otherwise it’s a loving insane movie in its own right.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Features an amazing scene of RFK’s assassination saving his marriage after they get all horny after it

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

New TrueAnon is the long awaited Fort Bragg episode and it is loving wild.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm from about 45 minutes away from Fayettenam and don't know poo poo about this, it must have happened since I've moved away. from interesting to listen to this later

The article is also very good:
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/fort-bragg-murders-1153405/

quote:

There was another vivid memory that particularly bothered him: walking through the rubble of a demolished city with a Belgian Malinois, a service dog, and allowing the animal to eat the brains from a dead man’s broken skull “as a treat.”

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The bin Laden family and Osama Bin Laden specifically are/were 100% cia assets

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Peter Dale Scott episode yeaaaaas

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

hell, it wasn’t even an impressive feat of marksmanship or luck like Oswald or Hinkley

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

At the bare minimum there absolutely was a coverup of Mandalay by MGM; you can just check out the absolutely sinister Ellen segment for confirmation on that.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Utilizing lax or nonexistent gun enforcement to traffic weapons is a key funding source for several three letter agencies.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

new ep was kinda profound

Trueanon: it’s disturbing to me how even the seemingly subversive work we attempt it undermined by the inescapable medium that reduces ourselves to an act of production. With our selves as commodities.

RGD: so are Brace and Liz a thing?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I was selected to be on jury duty and would have to log in every night to see if I had to come in that day but then every docket was delayed indefinitely due to covid so that’s my pro tip for getting out of jury duty.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Nucleic Acids posted:

So Brace talked to The Dersh after he popped up on the BBC. Being the first person they interviewed following the verdict.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1476325276925808647

https://twitter.com/oppermanreport/status/1476337648239366151?s=21

Lol

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Yea it’s a good episode. Very good Liz rant.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I went back and relistened to the DogFuckers episodes after the Dorner ones and it's good.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

hell yeah great post thanks for the typing

that was absolutely baffling. i couldn't even figure out why he brought it up until I realized he didn't know the very obvious answer! the guy is such a weird dumbass. not everything is domestic gladio FBI plot.

i can't wait to hear it! i didn't know what to expect from this series (jk i did know), but i can't wait for "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Innocence Project"

I don’t think any of them are arguing they are innocent. As far as I can tell the suspicion is they were informants that the fbi were baiting along. A theory which has an enormous amount of precedence.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

ben said the confession wasn’t a confession, then said he was only confessing to the shootout and not the bombing. he’s dumb.

He was arguing that the confession made no sense either way, or at the very least there’s enough wrong with it to cast reasonable doubt on it as evidence. I get the dude is a bit sloppy but he’s not saying to free jahar or whatever.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

We need a Wendy Painting style dissertation on the Tsarnaevs.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Holy poo poo did not know about the Nick Rossi connection to Nebraska Boy's Town. Wtf is going on in Utah.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Utah episodes are good and it really isn’t that hard to follow.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

new episode adjacent: buzzfeed's founder wrote his dissertation on Deleuze and Guattari like 10 years before he created the site, entitled: "Capitalism and Schizophrenia: Contemporary Visual Culture and the Acceleration of Identity Formation/Dissolution."

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Buzzfeed founder posted:

In the time that it has taken to write and publish this paper, Internet shopping has entered mainstream culture. Every major corporation in the world has a web site offering product information, interactive advertisements, and, increasingly, the ability to buy products on-line. Discount books (https://www.amazon.com), pizza delivery (https://www.pizzanet.net), stocks (https://www.schwab.com), and just about anything else you can imagine (virtumall.com) are available for purchase in cyberspace. Internet based commerce exemplifies and extends the trends in capitalism that this paper attempts to elucidate. In particular, World Wide Web shopping accelerates the rate at which a shopper can acquire products. The only thing that separates an advertisement from a purchase is a couple of mouse clicks. My central contention is that late capitalism not only accelerates the flow of capital, but also accelerates the rate at which subjects assume identities. Identity formation is inextricably linked to the urge to consume, and therefore the acceleration of capitalism necessitates an increase in the rate at which individuals assume and shed identities. The internet is one of many late capitalist phenomena that allow for more flexible, rapid, and profitable mechanisms of identity formation.

quote:

and profitable mechanisms of identity formation.

quote:

quote:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Nick Bryant is good and you should all read his book.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

New trueanon is really good

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The new True Anon series is out with ep 1 and it’s real good.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

2nd ep of The Game begins with Liz explaining the Deleuzian rhizome. Strapping in.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

For those counting, it took 3 episodes for Jolly West to appear.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The hypernormalization comparison is both apt and like completely banal lol.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

drat the Norm interview is so loving good.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

His walking himself through his response to Oct 7th was great. Him lamenting his relationship with Hamas in light of like his life's work is lowkey like a loving Philop Roth book or something.

edit: Lamenting as in how he failed to see the futility of nonviolence; ending with reflecting on how the hospital wing named in memory of his parents has been likely bombed out of existence.

Danger fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 1, 2023

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Seeking arbitrage by inflating the cost of life sustaining medication, leftishly

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

My god it’s a Nick Land episode. Trigger warning: Liz discusses D&G

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

https://x.com/chaosmansonbook/status/1737557417200951378?s=46

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Heath posted:

Been reading this. It's good

Wow. Just now hearing this.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Lol did the board game already sell out?

Or have I been bamboozled

Yea it sold out in like 10 minutes

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

https://x.com/liz_franczak/status/1743696860982735076?s=46

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

What’d they do to get their twitter suspended

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Season 2 is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Colin Ferrell is the single best character across all the seasons