Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

lol who's reading in this economy??

It has been said that there is no such thing as obsolete technology because someone somewhere is still using it. Even in this time period, there are several tribes of uncontacted and limited contact people’s living. This was somewhat aided by a shift in developmental practices adopted universally to get rural living only by permit only. Cities became highly dense human ant mounds. Privacy was slowly eroded as was ownership of private property. Some people cheered this on after decades of propaganda followed by the practical application of intentional currency hyper inflation. People stopped being able to afford owning a home. Some people held out with rebellion tech from today’s time, but slowly they either isolated in pockets of autonomous zones or they were wiped out in unpublished and undocumented attacks by government forces. Only oral histories of these massacres are talked about today. People grew used to and content with no longer having to keep written budgets for their daily purchase. Labor was at one time a voluntary basis, but as new thought crime emerged and false depressions increased it became very difficult to have a career path if you weren’t politically connected.

There were flare ups and resistance movements, but revolution never occurred. The leadership was more than comfortable governing however they wished. There was an opposition party that espoused all the defense of thought crime, but whenever a flare up occurred, they would immediately lament it and demand that further demonstrations stop. The opposition party made vague promises of pardoning the ideological prisoners of their party, but would manage to forget whenever they had a chance at governing. The elites quickly realized that without having to worry about elections, that they could govern as they wished. Soon it became socially acceptable to deride voters who voted for the wrong party. A voter soon found himself removed from his position and families were often broken apart by child protective services. The person removed from their position of labor were often assigned a lesser position for less credits per month. A later time period and everyone was convinced that democracy was no longer a good idea as it allowed those committing thought crime an outlet to enable the terrible ideas that they had within their mind.

Revolution was never openly spoken of, the elites had figured out how slowly to move. They won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Okay Ayn Rand

Edit oh nm youre just doing 40k lore but chuddy

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 23, 2021

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Or youre a jilted Q guy. Either way your speculative fiction about your sex life or this weird and increasingly specific future cant be good for anyone.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

“this is exactly like Stalin liquidating millions of human beings!” I scream after hearing that Twitter suspended a dude for inciting violence on their website

Fast moves like that are no longer made. In fact it couldn’t be a centralized figure doing it. It was learned that it was far better to have your followers do your dirty work. Mob violence and social ostracization were far more effective than moving too fast. The lessons from the Soviet Union and the Chinese social revolution would always be compared to failed revolutions like that of 1918 Germany.

What was discovered was that through state education system, you could slowly indoctrinate people from cradle to grave with the seed of an ideology not yet realized. A negative foundation was established in the mind of each student. Every student was guilty of a crime that their ancestors and by extension that their parents had committed. First came any guilt that a wealthy nation might have committed at some point against a people who would take refuge within that nation. This was done while also ignoring any noble efforts by the people’s ancestors who were being fed a negative foundation propaganda or offering an explanation of why any downtrodden group would want to live in a place where they weren’t wanted. Instead a steady diet of guilt, victim hood, and oppression steadily followed. People were no longer prideful of their ancestors and their accomplishments. The standards of beauty continued to get lower and lower. Fashion and grooming standards fell as well. New things to become an advocate for and to be upset about arose all of the time. The youth would deride the elderly for mocking these new identities that the education system had set up as victims. This continued steadily with each generation criticized for some slight even if they might have once marched for gay rights. Statues of past heroes were removed, not by governments but rather mobs of educated people seeing themselves as doing the right thing. Sometimes a statue or monument would go up only to be taken down in under 25 years once the government determined that such a hero was no longer useful. There was no longer a since of pride. Specific groups that had demonstrated an ability to do well for themselves were targeted. They might be the descendants of a hard working laborer who spoke few words of English, but within 85 years, they were being accused of having supremacist ideology and privilege.

Merit was no longer practice, but instead actively spoken against. It continued to lose favor in the minds of the people even in this time. More important was the impossible task of attempting to achieve predetermined outcomes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is unironically posting 1984 sequel fanfiction forbidden in this time? Because if so it sounds better than now.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*thinking back to days of indentured servitude, company towns, unregulated child labor, and unflinchingly pro-employer labor laws* labor...*sniff*...labor used to be free

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

*thinking back to days of indentured servitude, company towns, unregulated child labor, and unflinchingly pro-employer labor laws* labor...*sniff*...labor used to be free

Those things made a comeback inevitably. When you committed a thought crime, your children were stolen from you. Nobody ever would meet those kids for some reason. Nobody knew where they went. No reuniting occurred. Population control applied to certain ethnicities, but it was often ideological. Observations of uneven breeding allowances were noticed, but when talked about they were quickly labeled as conspiracy theory and those speaking of it were severely punished .

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Fast moves like that are no longer made. In fact it couldn’t be a centralized figure doing it. It was learned that it was far better to have your followers do your dirty work. Mob violence and social ostracization were far more effective than moving too fast. The lessons from the Soviet Union and the Chinese social revolution would always be compared to failed revolutions like that of 1918 Germany.

What was discovered was that through state education system, you could slowly indoctrinate people from cradle to grave with the seed of an ideology not yet realized. A negative foundation was established in the mind of each student. Every student was guilty of a crime that their ancestors and by extension that their parents had committed. First came any guilt that a wealthy nation might have committed at some point against a people who would take refuge within that nation. This was done while also ignoring any noble efforts by the people’s ancestors who were being fed a negative foundation propaganda or offering an explanation of why any downtrodden group would want to live in a place where they weren’t wanted. Instead a steady diet of guilt, victim hood, and oppression steadily followed. People were no longer prideful of their ancestors and their accomplishments. The standards of beauty continued to get lower and lower. Fashion and grooming standards fell as well. New things to become an advocate for and to be upset about arose all of the time. The youth would deride the elderly for mocking these new identities that the education system had set up as victims. This continued steadily with each generation criticized for some slight even if they might have once marched for gay rights. Statues of past heroes were removed, not by governments but rather mobs of educated people seeing themselves as doing the right thing. Sometimes a statue or monument would go up only to be taken down in under 25 years once the government determined that such a hero was no longer useful. There was no longer a since of pride. Specific groups that had demonstrated an ability to do well for themselves were targeted. They might be the descendants of a hard working laborer who spoke few words of English, but within 85 years, they were being accused of having supremacist ideology and privilege.

Merit was no longer practice, but instead actively spoken against. It continued to lose favor in the minds of the people even in this time. More important was the impossible task of attempting to achieve predetermined outcomes.

Yeah youre a dumb idiot and this is pro-hate dross. gently caress off.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Observations of uneven breeding allowances

ok, this is definitely a kink thing then

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got a really good idea for OP's setting it's a robot with a huge metallic mustache that looks like Mario's and it rolls around on wheels holding a cigar yelling "PUSSI PUSSI PUSSI PUSSI ME NEED PUSSI JUICE TO LUBRICATE ME WHEELS."

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I got a really good idea for OP's setting it's a robot with a huge metallic mustache that looks like Mario's and it rolls around on wheels holding a cigar yelling "PUSSI PUSSI PUSSI PUSSI ME NEED PUSSI JUICE TO LUBRICATE ME WHEELS."

honestly more terrifying, fully-realized, and arousing than anything in op’s version

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

OP are you a real hit around the old water cooler or what?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

You wake up in a future. You can somehow understand the language, but you are not familiar with the history or tech. You are from a period of time proceeding the present so distant that events and first person perspective are no longer available to the minds of the broader public.

You meet people who are societal rejects, but they take pity on you and help you. You seek out media documenting your time period. It’s all wrong, laughably different than how you remember it. The people of your time are criticized heavily for being against the current social stigmas that have become acceptable in the present. Your memory of this is 180 degrees opposite of the factual history media is telling you. Every hate crime of this period is blamed on your generation without mention of the massive opposition to it. Ideas that you personally opposed are without hesitation are ascribed to being supported by a majority of your generation. The historical accounts are altered from what you clearly remembered.

The political climate that you are in punishes those who speak of facts in a manner that embarrasses the status quo or goes against the official historic narrative. You notice that certain music, movies, and best selling books are missing from the archives. You notice that ideas of your current surroundings are heavily regulated. People who you’ve built trust in tell you that there are certain ways to behave without getting yourself into trouble. They advise you on daily life, initially out of fears that you might be suffering from mental illness, but over time they come to realize the truth. They start to believe what you are telling them about you having been transported to a present that is years after you youngest great grand child has died at the age of seventy. Your friends ask you the question: “what was your time really like?”

You’ve observed with great paranoia that a generation ago that people who denied the official evidence of a mass sanctioned execution of undocumented migrants at the southern border back in 2016 had been routinely turned in to the authorities by their own children and had been imprisoned. You were around in 2016, but it’s 160 years into the future. You know that there are obviously lies written in the archives and entire mentions of some of your favorite entertainment is gone.

What would you do?

Would you tell the truth or keep your head down?

Idiocracy is a good movie, totally agree

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP has refused to acknowledge me since I showed images of him at the swinger foursome with his wife and some strangers critiquing a stranger's wife over having a vagina that smells like burnt ashes.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Is this the first stimpire?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Wasn't this a Star Trek Voyager episode?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the op: I’m extremely concerned about “certain ethnicities” making me “observe [their] uneven breeding allowances” with my wife. This is a serious political argument and not a kink thing at all

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Idiocracy is a good movie, totally agree

Thus the current promoted demographic shift. It was an area that Mike judge failed to mention, but had pockets of realization in that movie. I always noticed that there’s never an idea of invading these nations that supply us with unprotected laborers and instead just have the United States border cross them. Why shouldn’t we just administer Theses Central American states as US territories? We could shift the language to English. We could have them in the US without having them in the US... instead we leave those countries intact where human rights are eroded and violence runs rampant. Really makes me wonder.

Honestly it could have been a much better film but his overall message was very close to the truth. There was however a failure to mention an unseen class of people ruling over chief macho Camacho who aren’t idiots but instead puppet masters that supported a stupid population distracted by an army of straw man issues. And honestly I doubt that Mike would have been able to have his film in theaters had this been in there.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Robot posted:

Wasn't this a Star Trek Voyager episode?

Possibly

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Duke Nukem: This thread SUCKS!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm sorry Ben but I will not help you with your new novel

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“why does nobody take my completely reasonable and original political beliefs seriously???” I scream at the heavens while clutching my bitcoins. ‘’All I’m saying is that the free market wants the government to conquer and ethnically cleanse our foreign slaves before they force me to watch my wife get railed!”

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Thus the current promoted demographic shift. It was an area that Mike judge failed to mention, but had pockets of realization in that movie. I always noticed that there’s never an idea of invading these nations that supply us with unprotected laborers and instead just have the United States border cross them. Why shouldn’t we just administer Theses Central American states as US territories? We could shift the language to English. We could have them in the US without having them in the US... instead we leave those countries intact where human rights are eroded and violence runs rampant. Really makes me wonder.

Honestly it could have been a much better film but his overall message was very close to the truth. There was however a failure to mention an unseen class of people ruling over chief macho Camacho who aren’t idiots but instead puppet masters that supported a stupid population distracted by an army of straw man issues. And honestly I doubt that Mike would have been able to have his film in theaters had this been in there.
Are you advocating the US invade Mexico for Mexico's own good?

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Splicer posted:

Are you advocating the US invade Mexico for Mexico's own good?

Mutually beneficial in both of our interests. I say we go all the way down to Panama and control the Canal again.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*the op, having never read any U.S. or Latin American history* “why has nobody thought of having the US invade or otherwise intervene in Latin America?”

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“man it would be a scary world if the left ran things. Let me tell you about my OC (do not steal) wonderful libertarian fantasy land in which the US will freely invade any country it wants, enslave the people, and destroy their culture”

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
But with Bitcoin

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

*the op, having never read any U.S. or Latin American history* “why has nobody thought of having the US invade or otherwise intervene in Latin America?”

I’ve read plenty. And I see Puerto Rico as the prime example to why it doesn’t work. We never built an empire in those areas because we got sick of everyone doing it when we realized how stupid making the Philippines into a state would have been politically. Then Japan tried it, but we told them it’s too late for that. Though I think had we let them, and been friends with them that the world could have been a better place. We certainly wouldn’t have this Wuhan virus let out. And I say this due to Japan being smart enough not to have a bioweapons facility in the middle of a human ant mound that is Wuhan.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

“man it would be a scary world if the left ran things. Let me tell you about my OC (do not steal) wonderful libertarian fantasy land in which the US will freely invade any country it wants, enslave the people, and destroy their culture”

Ah yes, that vibrant culture that they keep running away from.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lol why do you post here

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

They are made up of insects designed to look like beef. That was before they were made smaller via legislation to prevent the spread of obesity.

drat well I guess I'll take two with some fries
Extra catsup please

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

drat well I guess I'll take two with some fries
Extra catsup please

Taking two? You obesity enabler! Taste supremest scum! I can’t believe that someone could dare say that in the current year! My father’s father died of obesity!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Op is one of the most "Ok Boomer" things I've ever loving seen.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Ah yes, that vibrant culture that they keep running away from.

*the op, while masturbating furiously to the thought of hung Panamanian dudes loving his wife* so...degenerate. wait, where did I put my klan hood?

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Op is one of the most "Ok Boomer" things I've ever loving seen.

Some hate was deemed acceptable by the elite. Generational hate was considered the most useful. People naturally opposed this as the shoe entered onto the other foot, but by the time that they were old they worried that their children would treat them the same way that they had treated their parents. The fear became suddenly realized and crippling.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ok Boomer.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Orwell died when the boomers were born. The silent generation was the first to accept thought crime. Each generation after that amplified the idea further.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

OP even in a present where you weren't Seraph you'd still suck rear end. Hopefully I'll soon wake up in a future where you're not posting more.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Some hate was deemed acceptable by the elite. Generational hate was considered the most useful. People naturally opposed this as the shoe entered onto the other foot, but by the time that they were old they worried that their children would treat them the same way that they had treated their parents. The fear became suddenly realized and crippling.

I fully support Zoomers eating us millennials alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Orwell died when the boomers were born. The silent generation was the first to accept thought crime. Each generation after that amplified the idea further.

The only crime here *PAUSE FOR EFFECT* is your posting! :smuggo:

Mka e better threads op