Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I think they just re-used an extra as a different character.

E: Actually I just read this on reddit and now I'm not sure:

quote:

Something else to add. Like you mention, she is listed as "Positive Woman" in season 2. In the current season (episode 2), when Drew is listing the reasons he likes Cindy... one of his reasons is because she's "positive."

The first time was as an extra and with a different hair style, but the 2nd cameo is a lot more prominent. Maybe they are planning a flashback episode in the style of Chantals showing what she's been up to.

Annabel Pee fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Im working through season 2 currently and I am so confused how the hell theres a third season much less a fourth without this crew being in prison for murder by the end of this season.

edit: OK so Dory's wild fat frankie lie leading to the cop whose jumpiness has been constantly shown startling and murdering a private citizen and likely having to frame him for the murder works pretty well I guess?]

edit again: Oh god who told?! My guess probably Portia or Elijah

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 9, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1359253657418661888

beautiful news

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just finished season 4 this morning so this is very good news.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
YESSSSSSSS.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Bitch don't steal my catch phrase! :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I fully expect S5 to basically be a Lars von Trier movie at the rate we're going

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Next genre: Prestige show on HBO

fake edit: Well, poo poo. I've tried to find a good photo or video of Artemis shoving a bottle up Frank's rear end but it doesn't seem to exist on the internet. Just pretend it is here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I'm actually content with season 4 as a finale. But I guess it can be good. I just hope that this show ends on a high note.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm actually content with season 4 as a finale. But I guess it can be good. I just hope that this show ends on a high note.

I've felt like every season finale could have been a series finale. Every time, the next season has engaged me despite my initial "what the gently caress is going on here?" instincts.

I'm excited to see where this madness goes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Given how s4 ended I think it would make sense for 5 to be the last one tbh

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Given how s4 ended I think it would make sense for 5 to be the last one tbh

6 seasons and a movie, minimum

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I do appreciate, that Dory survived and woke up at the end of the season. Imagine how cheap that would feel at the start of Season 5.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1413191739444244488?s=20

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh like this show couldn't get any more perfect

Just drat

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh my yes please

"an altruistic but terrifying journey."

I can't wait!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Reminder that S5 drops tomorrow, Jan 7th!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
One episode in. This show is perfect.

Edit: Is this Dory subplot a riff on Twelve Monkeys?

Episode Three: This show has completely left the grounded reality of Season One behind and it's loving GLORIOUS.

Episode Four: GAMER GIRL BATHWATER. :stare: :stare: Also they're definitely doing Twelve Monkeys. But also Willy Wonka.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 7, 2022

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
4 episodes in to season 5. What is this show?!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Episode 6 and what the gently caress?

Episode 7: Are you out of your drat mind!? You're the worst hostage loved one in history!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 7, 2022

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The intro to the Lytes was horrifying on many different levels.

And Tunnel. What a name.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's weird seeing Chantal as the straight person. Also, (episode 9) Doctor Baby is incredible. I love her so much.

Holy gently caress. Episode 10 It's honestly kind of exciting! :haw:

I finished it now. It is certainly a direction to lead a show about a bunch of narcistic New Yorkers who want to prove they're good people and set out to find a missing person.
This came a long way and I don't think that the creators imagined it ending this way when they made the pilot. I am not quite sure if what I watched was the actual show or some elaborate, epileptic fever dream.

The cast was incredible. I hope these actors have a bright future.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 8, 2022

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Episode 8: Holy poo poo, it’s loving Joe Pera!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Three episodes down. Does this subplot with Elliot’s weird kid ever go anywhere or become interesting?

Everything else rules.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Three episodes down. Does this subplot with Elliot’s weird kid ever go anywhere or become interesting?

Everything else rules.

Like most kids in television, he serves as a motivation for the hero's determination. A of the choices Eliot makes are for him.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

No. It's amusing, but it's basically exactly what it looks like from the very start.

Like it's blatantly something for John Early and Marc Self to do in the early parts of the season, when the show doesn't really have a space for them in the other plots. I'd say it's pretty funny though.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Imagine showing someone the first episode, then trying to explain the last episode to them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Imagine showing someone the first episode, then trying to explain the last episode to them.

Show someone the first episode and make them guess how it ends with a game of 20 questions.

I'm rewatching the whole show now. And while season 1 is a bit mellow, it has his moments. In episode 5 Drew tries to sneak into an office and pretends to have a meeting with some random accountant. When security comes for him she immediately smashes her computer "I was just doing what I was told. Do I need a lawyer? Do I need a lawyer? ... Do I need a lawyer?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 8, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*looks at the thread title* hahaha god DAMMIT esper

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hahaha episode 6 straight up parodying It. The evil force that terrorized a Maine town and is back 30 years later feeding on fear.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Medullah posted:

Hahaha episode 6 straight up parodying It. The evil force that terrorized a Maine town and is back 30 years later feeding on fear.

I loved watching Drew just walk into a clear King novel and turn right the gently caress around as soon as he got the name he came for instead of engaging with it or the rest of the Jesper society at all. not even in a Event Horizon "we're leaving" way, just in a "so self-absorbed in his own problems he can't even care about their weirdness at all" way. Amazingly funny.

Season finale spoilers: I wonder if they intended to go zombie apocalypse from the start of s5 or changed it later. Some plot threads seem dropped hard, like Elliott and Marc's kid just vanishes and becomes a zombie for...some reason. I was a bit surprised Dory never really thought of trying to create a suicide cult or near-suicide cult given how much she attributes her enlightenment to dying, or her reaction to the simulated journey to the center of the earth.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

I was thinking about this and how just explaining what happens on the show must make it sound like it jumped the shark several times... but it all somehow makes sense in the end anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Season finale spoilers: I was a bit surprised Dory never really thought of trying to create a suicide cult or near-suicide cult given how much she attributes her enlightenment to dying, or her reaction to the simulated journey to the center of the earth.

Have you seen some different show? Because she did just that. Or do you mean this in the sense that she didn't actively think about doing that stuff?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Have you seen some different show? Because she did just that. Or do you mean this in the sense that she didn't actively think about doing that stuff?

In the sense that she didn't think about it.

And that it took her so long to even come close to the conclusion she did.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jan 9, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

My favourite thing about this, is that the show shelled out for a bunch of character actors just to turn up, do the ridiculous joke, and then peace out.

I love this loving show.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Ravenfood posted:

Season finale spoilers: I wonder if they intended to go zombie apocalypse from the start of s5 or changed it later. Some plot threads seem dropped hard, like Elliott and Marc's kid just vanishes and becomes a zombie for...some reason.

yeah, that plot thread in particular felt to me like something that was originally intended to run for more of the season, but instead just gets abruptly dropped midway through.

Enjoyed S5 a lot and that final shot of the finale was absolutely perfect. I think ultimately turning into a zombie apocalypse show ended up too big of a tonal swing for my taste, though; would probably have liked S5 better if the focus had stayed on the Dory/Lyte cult

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What do you guys think was the funniest moment of this season and of the show as a whole?
The best moment this season was the absolutely irritated faces Meredith Hagner threw when she realized that Elliot forced himself to gently caress Dory. She's a great physical comedian.
The best moment of the show just has to be the roundabout farce in season 4. That was hysterical.

Also, I just clicked on the first page of this thread and remembered that a year ago, I made this haphazard attempt at a thread OP. This is my thread? Weird. I completely forgot that. That's what you get when no one else makes threads.
This comment was especially funny, after marathoning the whole show.

I liked how she was irritated that Drew was played by a black dude, while completely oblivious to the fact that she's whitewashing Dory.
Season one has Portia playing a Latina on a show.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 11, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

What do you guys think was the funniest moment of this season and of the show as a whole?
The best moment this season was the absolutely irritated faces Meredith Hagner threw when she realized that Elliot forced himself to gently caress Dory. She's a great physical comedian.
The best moment of the show just has to be the roundabout farce in season 4. That was hysterical.

Her face emotion is insane, I can't stop looking at her even when she's in the background.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Drew's investigation into the Stephen King/IT parody crew was a huge highlight for me. Just completely ridiculous in all the right ways like someone mentioned earlier.

What a perfect season, I've never been disappointed by a single episode of this show and I hope I can convince more of my friends to watch it. I think the ending of the show was an incredible fit considering how wildly the show varies in themes and tone every single season. There's definitely not much like it out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It's hard to say what the funniest moment ever was but I still routinely think about "Do you guys remember Chantal Witherbottom? Oh, yeah... she sucked."

That exchange and Elliott saying "I just can't take straight couples fighting seriously. Like just, get over it?" are burned into my memory.