Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Season 4 would have to really gently caress up to not end up being maybe the best show all year

Goddamn the show within a show and Porsche playing Dory is so money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cant cook creole bream posted:

I liked how she was irritated that Drew was played by a black dude, while completely oblivious to the fact that she's whitewashing Dory.

Haha yeah.

Also "I'm gonna make her thing that she's always chewing gum"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

isaboo posted:

Elliot is still the best though

drat straight

Oof, phrasing...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Woof, I’m not feeling this season at all. I’m fine with the plot moving slowly if the trade off is character growth like in the other seasons, but it’s 5 episodes in and other than Dory being broken down everything else might as well not have happened.

:( totally disagree, this season is nurts

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I liked Chip's actor on Difficult People but he's really doing a next level job here

One thing S4 is missing so far are the amazing guest stars, Louie Anderson was so loving good in everything ever S3

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I started watching Season 1 and had to turn off the first episode halfway through. Is this normal? I want to murder 3/4 of the main characters.

That is the intended experience, yes. You're very much supposed to hate them.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Dory. The rest have been actively awful people so far, she just seems lost and looking for meaning in a life full of awful people.

:allears:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I officially rescind my complaint RE: lack of guest stars

It's truly insane how good Sarandon looks

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm on episode 8 and holy gently caress everything is paying off in the most amazingly insane ways

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The most white person car chase ever was beautiful

JUST PICK A HOLE!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Literally Arrested Development

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh my God episode 9!!!!!

this loving song aaaaaaa she's literally a Disney princess this is so fuckin good

I'M ADDICTED TO A BRAINWASHED PSYCHOTIC MURDERER!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Episode 10 :dogbutton:

these speeches oh my God

Simone Magus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 29, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I think Drew had a great arc

At first and for a while I basically hated him for being, well, him. The terrible milquetoast bro cliche.

But then at the end and especially with his song he was pretty great, and was the only one who was being actually authentic at the funeral

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

The entire finale was in Dory’s head homie

Nah.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I don't agree, I think both the funeral and last scene happened. The mutliple Dorys (Dories? Dorii?) are just a bit of magical realism added to the show to illustrate the fact that everyone is multiple version of themselves at all times and people just see want to see.

Yeah.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean, definitely not, but okay!!

It's certainly up for interpretation. If it were objectively true that it was all a dream, produce the text that says so

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
She was saved but didn't give her name before escaping the hospital or ambulance, setting up a season 5 where she stalks her former friends?

Heck I dunno. I'm just saying it's ambiguous

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh wow. So apparently Drew's Season 4 girlfriend is some sort of weird recurring character throughout the entire series.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5581569/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t16

She's the woman who randomly takes a bunch of pictures of Dory early on in the second season.

Oddly enough, to me this scans like the biggest hint that there's a season 5 on the way, so they can explain what the gently caress this means lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Bitch don't steal my catch phrase! :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I fully expect S5 to basically be a Lars von Trier movie at the rate we're going

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Given how s4 ended I think it would make sense for 5 to be the last one tbh

6 seasons and a movie, minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh like this show couldn't get any more perfect