Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Just binge watched this show after not having heard about it. It's like a gen Z Always Sunny with slightly more drama and slightly higher stakes. I didn't like S4 as much, the whole Psycho bit fell flat for me. It feels a lot trans-panicy for a modern show. As terrible a person as Dory is, I also haven't really enjoyed watching her get broken down even if the way they are doing it fits perfectly with her character. Why couldn't it be Drew? I'd love to watch him get tortured in a basement, that would be solid feel-good TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I mean, it was definitely filmed and written as a series finale. Dory doesn't have access to the outside world so Elliot making the "boo'ed off college campuses" joke wouldn't work if it was in her head. It has an easy explanation, Chip let her watch curated moments of Elliot's shows. That seems unlike Chip but when your show gets unexpectedly renewed it's better to err on the side of a better series finale with some ??? moments you have to explain next season than a season finale with a hook.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Next genre: Prestige show on HBO

fake edit: Well, poo poo. I've tried to find a good photo or video of Artemis shoving a bottle up Frank's rear end but it doesn't seem to exist on the internet. Just pretend it is here.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm actually content with season 4 as a finale. But I guess it can be good. I just hope that this show ends on a high note.

I've felt like every season finale could have been a series finale. Every time, the next season has engaged me despite my initial "what the gently caress is going on here?" instincts.

I'm excited to see where this madness goes.