Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This show is so great! The wait between seasons 2 and 3 was v frustrating so I’m really glad 4 started so soon after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ann Dowd is a treasure

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Phew, that was driving me crazy. Close thread?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just saw this on Facebook and :psyduck:

quote:

I feel so bad for Dory, she’s been through so much horrible poo poo.
It’s heart-breaking seeing such a powerful and strong character being reduced to a confused shell.
I hope the writers bring her back to the badass she was in Season 3, a woman who stood firm and tough while everyone else was falling apart around her.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cole Escola was also great in At Home With Amy Sedaris which I JUST learned got cancelled :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I managed to not find out she was gonna be in it until just now so I am losing it atm

Is Chip talking about Curly Wurly bars? Don’t seem like something the US would have

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Started ep 8 and I don’t remember Chantal being in this situation at all!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me episode 8 hahahaha

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
finished the season :psyduck:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Full Season Spoilers:

So who had money on End Of Evangelion? Anybody? You, sir? Madam? You?

I don’t understand this post at all haha (and I have seen the thing you’re referencing)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The entire finale was in Dory’s head homie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m legit surprised at how many people I’ve seen, on this board and elsewhere, who haven’t gotten that. None of the finale really happened except for the final shot.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean, definitely not, but okay!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

If I had to guess, she told the paramedics she was someone else. Her whole arc was about wanting to kill the old Dory and become a new person, free of sin.

I don't think we actually saw inside the casket so maybe that was empty. Possibly they found the neighbor's charred body and assumed it was Dory given that nobody really knew that the neighbor was even there in the first place other than Chip and Layla.

It’s interesting to think about, but this isn’t what happened. What happened is that Dory imagined the whole thing in her head, and the speeches she imagined her friends gave about her, in her imagination, were part of her achieving self-actualisation at the end of the episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1359253657418661888

beautiful news

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Given how s4 ended I think it would make sense for 5 to be the last one tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Three episodes down. Does this subplot with Elliot’s weird kid ever go anywhere or become interesting?

Everything else rules.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*looks at the thread title* hahaha god DAMMIT esper

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just watched episode 6 and those last five minutes were so intense and insane and hilarious holy poo poo

What the gently caress is even happening??????

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
season-long? literally the entire show was a roast of millennials. that’s like the main bent of the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh man I interpreted that as she was going to start looking for missing people again but I think you might be right :(