Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I'm usually kinda "ehhhhhh" on religious charities, but the local New Hope Ministries is straight legit, they don't do much preaching but they do a whole lot of helping, both running the food bank and helping people find jobs, rent support, all sorts of stuff. I always run our fall and spring donation drives for the Cub Scouts, so I've gotten to know their folks pretty well. They're genuinely good people. Tossed 'em $25 and hopefully we'll pull in at least a half ton of food and sundries+ a couple hundred in cash with the upcoming drive.

Side note: I was the one who started listing "Feminine Hygiene products" on our "Wish list" we'd hand out to shoppers, and it turned out to be the breaking point that convinced the folks who do their monthly "needs" list to start putting that on their list. Apparently in the past someone/some people had decided that people would find it "icky" or something, but when it was reported up that the Cub Scouts were asking for tampons/pads/etc, and got a helluva good response, they decided to start openly requesting them. Seriously, donate feminine hygiene stuff. And diapers/wipes. Food banks NEVER have enough of these things.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU