Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nipponophile posted:

Please bring back the Hot Mustard Doritos. Those were too good to be a limited time thing.

i have an unopened bag of these in the pantry waiting for the right moment.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
they did just come out with "hot honey mustard" dynomitas, so there's hope

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Nipponophile posted:

Please bring back the Hot Mustard Doritos. Those were too good to be a limited time thing.

Agreed, but them being paired with the lame ketchup ones makes it less likely. Which sucks, obv.

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

went to an asian grocery that turned out to be potato chip mecca

the numbing spicy hot pot is excellent, the spring limited edition shrimp lays are okay, haven't tried the beer or the ribeye flavor yet

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Sichuan peppercorns need to show up in more chips.

----------------

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Jenny Agutter posted:

the numbing spicy hot pot is excellent, the spring limited edition shrimp lays are okay, haven't tried the beer or the ribeye flavor yet

Man those all sound awesome. I'm probably just taking the flavors we already have for granted, but those sound way more interesting.

I did have some salted egg yolk popcorn from Taiwan that was definitely better than any caramel corn I've had here though

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i really need to hunt down the hot pot lays at one of my local marts because i've usually just grabbed the first thing that seemed interesting but i keep MEANING to look for those specifically and then i always forget

the fried crab flavor is excellent

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yah, all the asian food markets around here have crazy amounts of chip selection.

They all either taste like fish or hot pepper tho.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got a few kinds of Cheetos from H-mart that were pretty darn good aside from the artificial sweetener that you could taste on them.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

chinese lays are like manna from heaven, it just sucks that each one of those enormously puffy bags has like five chips in them

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i remember getting a great big bag of korean sweet lime potato chips from T&T one time and while i wouldn't call them good they were at least really interesting

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I finally found a bag of Kettle Pepperoncini chips and god fuckin' drat are these some of the best chips that I've ever had. There's no way I could actually describe it besides that they taste like a perfected version of the kettle chips from one of the earliest Rainforest Cafes. Tangy, salty, crispy, mild heat (but in the good kind of way).

I'm pretty sure I only snagged them because of someone's old post in this thread, and for that I thank you kind gently caress You and Dine poster.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I got cucumber Lays the last time I went to an Asian supermarket, and they were a godamn abomination. However, my buddy's Lithuanian girlfriend thought they were amazing, which is indicative of something or other.

Babakanoosh18
Oct 28, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

I finally found a bag of Kettle Pepperoncini chips and god fuckin' drat are these some of the best chips that I've ever had. There's no way I could actually describe it besides that they taste like a perfected version of the kettle chips from one of the earliest Rainforest Cafes. Tangy, salty, crispy, mild heat (but in the good kind of way).

I'm pretty sure I only snagged them because of someone's old post in this thread, and for that I thank you kind gently caress You and Dine poster.

I was looking at these in the store last night - I'll try them now :)

Is a Pepperocini the green ones that come with Papa John's Pizza?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Babakanoosh18 posted:

I was looking at these in the store last night - I'll try them now :)

Is a Pepperocini the green ones that come with Papa John's Pizza?

Yeah, those are the right peppers! They've always tasted like Chicago-style "sport peppers" to me, but it turns out they aren't the exact same thing. Instead they're similarly mild peppers that are pickled and served in the same way. Really tasty chips.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah pepperocini kettles are loving s-tier

if you love pepperocinis a lot google around for the viral "mississippi pot roast" that was going around a while ago too, it's basically just salty mixes+butter+beef+pepperocinis and it's loving delicious. most recipes only tell you to use this or that from the pepps but i just throw an entire jar+juice in there.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nikumatic posted:

yeah pepperocini kettles are loving s-tier

if you love pepperocinis a lot google around for the viral "mississippi pot roast" that was going around a while ago too, it's basically just salty mixes+butter+beef+pepperocinis and it's loving delicious. most recipes only tell you to use this or that from the pepps but i just throw an entire jar+juice in there.

been meaning to make that pot roast since it got posted on SA like 15 years ago. going to finally do it :hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

quote:

President Biden Is Calling Out Snack Companies for 'Shrinkflation'

“I’ve had enough of what they call shrinkflation," Biden said. "It's a rip-off.”

https://www.foodandwine.com/president-biden-calls-out-shrinkflation-8576289

let's go brandon

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I'm certain the CEO of Frito-Lay will be sure to abide.

Babakanoosh18
Oct 28, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

been meaning to make that pot roast since it got posted on SA like 15 years ago. going to finally do it :hai:

Post a picture or I will report you to moderation

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

These smoky queso dorito sticks are not great!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Fartington Butts posted:

These smoky queso dorito sticks are not great!

The really aren’t

The honey mustard flavor is still fantastic though

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

Ribeye was great. Beer is real bad, but it has some pop-rocks kinda dust on it so it actually fizzes a little on your tongue. Cool gimmick!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

inspired by your post i got a small haul from jusgo recently as well. so far this is the only one i've tried from the batch.

it was sweet in a strange way and i would absolutely never have clocked it as bolognese; not the worst but wouldn't really recommend

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wonder how that compares to Jollibee spaghetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

New batch

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

please be good. i love both of those things.

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Gonna go to H-mart today and grabbing some prawn and shrimp chips as well

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

absolute goddamn bangers, a little bit spicy, actually tastes like lamb. S-tier.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

drat that sounds great, I’ll be looking for it

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

today's flavor:

There are a couple of different Hot and Spicy Hot Pot flavor bags of lays I've seen, these are just translated as Spicy Hot Pot Flavor from Taiwan. They are easily crushable, a nice little peppercorn flavor and enough spice to evoke "heat" without actually being spicy at all (the cumin lamb was honestly spicier) or reaching numbness. Another easy recommend. Though I think these are some kind of slightly premium variant and don't have as many chips in the bag as the other two I picked up, so get two if you're hungry.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

tried the oyster one. it is actually insanely garlicky, to the point that its a bit spicy just from garlic. there's a hint of seafood in there but garlic is the star of this show. I'd put it as a sometimes snack, not top tier, but if you love garlic give this one a shot

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

hokkaido gratin:

i mean, these just taste like straight up sour cream and onion to me

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Y’all making me mad at myself for not fighting my way towards the chips when I went to 99 Ranch last Saturday.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I found a bag of Doritos diablo flavor. It had a promising name, it had a very dark orange color, and it said hecho en mexico on the bag. Despite that, it turned out to be a mild chile lime flavor. Sad, sad, sad

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Ziv Zulander posted:

I found a bag of Doritos diablo flavor. It had a promising name, it had a very dark orange color, and it said hecho en mexico on the bag. Despite that, it turned out to be a mild chile lime flavor. Sad, sad, sad

how about bring back blaze and Jacked and late night all nighter cheeseburger.

Doritos is really boring these days

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they will return one day. i know it.

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

The spicy hot ones Prinkles chips slayed me.

----------------

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

they will return one day. i know it.

dont tease me like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

theres to many chips now. a whole isle of chips at the store. its just to much.