Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

luv2shit posted:

theres to many chips now. a whole isle of chips at the store. its just to much.

And yet the sumbitches at Publix can’t keep Utz dark russets in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Szyznyk posted:

And yet the sumbitches at Publix can’t keep Utz dark russets in stock.

i hear people talk about these bad boys but never see them. may have to resort to mail order.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

luv2shit posted:

And yet a smaller bag is like 7 dollars now lol

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Takis, combos, and chester’s hot fries all have ranch flavors out all of a sudden. All of them are bad.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
If I may talk briefly about a cheese curl: Herr’s Tomato Soup Cheese Curls are god tier.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
My dudes, I have found my holy grail of junk food again. I saw sour cream and onion goldfish at the store. These have appeared and disappeared many times and I’m so glad they’re back. I have a picture somewhere of me buying nine bags years ago. Only got two bags this time

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

sour cream and onion anything is a great flavor.

the best of the trifecta of original, bbq, and sour cream

----------------

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I was always a big fan of sour cream and cheddar. And when they made it baked... :yum:

The one I'm sad we'll never see again is the ultimate cheddar munchies that frito-lay used to make. I ate many bags growing up

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Hotel Kpro posted:

My dudes, I have found my holy grail of junk food again. I saw sour cream and onion goldfish at the store. These have appeared and disappeared many times and I’m so glad they’re back. I have a picture somewhere of me buying nine bags years ago. Only got two bags this time

those sound great but the Frank’s ones are amazing. they just made them a permanent flavor so maybe they’ll do that with sour cream and onion too

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

luv2shit posted:

I think the problem is that the idiots in charge group chips into 'manufacturer' rather than 'flavour'. Once you've committed to chips, you're thinking about flavours, not the manufacturer; that's a second or third order decision.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i grabbed lunch this week at the grocery deli and went for a bag of chips but a personal size bag of funyons was $2.49 and i was like gently caress that and i went to look for a regular bag and ran into store brand Caribbean jerk chips that were really good and only twenty cents more than the funyons

really good. the lime flavor that came out at the end was just magnificent. real hit with the fellas at work.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You spent $2.69 on a single serving of chips?

Big hustler up in this thread

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Torquemada posted:

I think the problem is that the idiots in charge group chips into 'manufacturer' rather than 'flavour'. Once you've committed to chips, you're thinking about flavours, not the manufacturer; that's a second or third order decision.

counterpoint: i will eat literally anything made by old dutch sight unseen

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Wendigee posted:

You spent $2.69 on a single serving of chips?

Big hustler up in this thread

no like the little single serve bag of funyons was $2.49 but the normal size bag of store brand Caribbean jerk chips was $2.69

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

EightFlyingCars posted:

counterpoint: i will eat literally anything made by old dutch sight unseen

Extremely agree

----------------

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
The 7-Eleven brand "Bayou Blaze" chips are quite good, nice spice and only 2 bucks a bag makes them an easy tack-on to any visit. Transmission out.

----------------

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Hotel Kpro posted:

Finally tried some and they aren’t as good as I remember. Already bought three bags so I guess I’m stuck eating them anyway

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
My lost favorite is Bold Chex Mix. It's still for sale, but they hosed it up like 10 years ago and made it way less flavorful. bastards

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
A few days ago at the convenience store around the corner, I picked up some Cheetos crunchy Mexican street corn flavor, which was fantastic. Returning there today, no such luck. Why are all the best flavors impossible to find?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

They need to rotate it out for trash like that sweet chili one that came out the other month.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

off work for 3 days, so went to walmart for snacks.

----------------

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Went for snacks.........and picked up a demon-possessed pup!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the beast covets your bountiful treats.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GateOfD posted:

off work for 3 days, so went to walmart for snacks.

uber_stoat posted:

the beast covets your bountiful treats.

Navin Johnson posted:

Went for snacks.........and picked up a demon-possessed pup!

the dog is one of the snacks GateOfD picked up to eat, says so in the picture caption.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I wanna try them ruffles to see how they compare to the Kettle honey mustards.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The cheetos pretzels are weirdly good. The bready blandness of the pretzel hits just right.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Anonymous Robot posted:

The cheetos pretzels are weirdly good. The bready blandness of the pretzel hits just right.

tried some. need one of those chip chopsticks to eat it with. after a bit, the spicyness did get me.
i finish it, but I think I stick to the more cool flavors like sour cream. I'm always yea I like spicy a bit, gonna go crazy on spicy chips, then I'm like eh, maybe not as much.

For me:

the thin preztels > Bready pretzel > sourdough (only cause its way too tough and feel i'm too old to risk my teeth on them now)

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
if you think everything is bland in pretzel town or are an undertaster, try Dot’s pretzels. i like a lot of flavor and these things are honestly too fuckin much for me after a few handfuls. reminds me of when i was a kid and me and my sister would go to town on instant ramen or lunchmeat sandwiches with every spice in the cupboard thrown on top because more spices = more good.

Dot’s also does a Cheeto knockoff in case your Cheetos were missing garlic powder or whatever the gently caress.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

if you think everything is bland in pretzel town or are an undertaster, try Dot’s pretzels. i like a lot of flavor and these things are honestly too fuckin much for me after a few handfuls. reminds me of when i was a kid and me and my sister would go to town on instant ramen or lunchmeat sandwiches with every spice in the cupboard thrown on top because more spices = more good.

Dot’s also does a Cheeto knockoff in case your Cheetos were missing garlic powder or whatever the gently caress.

Had these from Costco last month. The butter flavor and seasoning blend is a great change-up of the pretzel experience. Pushes it into bold Chex Mix territory.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Had to stop getting dot’s because every flavor I tried was so salty the bag lasted like a month

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Found gochujang Kettle chips. Pretty good, but a little indiscernible from some other flavors. Kinda like spicy bbq.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The late night cheeseburger Doritos are disgusting

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

When did you eat them?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

Fartington Butts posted:

When did you eat them?

heating up your "late night cheeseburger" Doritos in the microwave at 3am

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the honey mustard crunchy ruffles bad of chips was indeed good.
just the right amount of addicting flavor

----------------

Dana Eicar
Sep 30, 2023
These are a great seasonal chip.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dana Eicar posted:

These are a great seasonal chip.

I also like their thanksgiving chips

They should bring back the South African chips tho

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hey trader joe bbq season is every season, idiot

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

no they werent