Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
ah yes the true barometer of polite society: Cumtown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Stereotype posted:

ah yes the true barometer of polite society: Cumtown

i see no falsehoods

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
as someone who's kid could be (wrongly) perceived as such, every time i imagine anyone calling him it derogatorily all the blood rushes to my head and i want to inflict grievous violence upon his illusory foe

so maybe just don't use it

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
you gunna get just as mad if someone calls them stupid? because that is absolutely going to happen no matter how bright they are

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Stop saying things are "bad", please.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/b%C3%A6ddel#Old_English

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Gas this hermaphroditic thread

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maya Fey posted:

it's not racist to call someone the n word because it's meant to insult their skill as a gamer and they're not even black.
You shouldn't equate the n word and the r word.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

GoLambo posted:

you gunna get just as mad if someone calls them stupid? because that is absolutely going to happen no matter how bright they are

there's a difference between the r word and stupid, i've been called stupid my whole life

almost like there's a degree of difference that separates the two

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Dolphin posted:

You shouldn't equate the n word and the r word.

i'm not. the point is that the r word is ableist by definition, just like the n word is racist in and of itself. you're still using a medical term for mentally challenged people as a pejorative regardless of who the target is.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Maya Fey posted:

i'm not. the point is that the r word is ableist by definition, just like the n word is racist in and of itself. you're still using a medical term for mentally challenged people as a pejorative regardless of who the target is.

on the other hand, the c word is not inherently misogynistic

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maya Fey posted:

You did, and it isn't even in the same arena. It has no relation to the n word at all and the two should not be discussed together.

It's the same thing as calling a clumsy person a gimp, which while not totally polite to people with leg issues, is not some giant act of bigotry.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Donald trump is a fat old stupid bitch.
Ableist, body shaming, sexist, ageist, TRUE and th entire cornerstone of this forum.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm going to tell a minority group how to feel.about their slurs. Brb.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm allowed to use it and OP is too.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Dolphin posted:

You did, and it isn't even in the same arena.

It's the same thing as calling a clumsy person a gimp, which while not totally polite to people with leg issues, is not some giant act of bigotry.

nobody cares where you put ableism on your bigotry tier list, that wasn't the question here.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maya Fey posted:

nobody cares where you put ableism on your bigotry tier list, that wasn't the question here.
:ok:

The question was that you appear to be completely clueless and tone deaf and you're attempting to mask it with your wokeness on the topic of ableism.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to say tone deaf

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Dolphin posted:

:ok:

The question was that you appear to be completely clueless and tone deaf and you're attempting to mask it with your wokeness on the topic of ableism.

you sound m*d

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maya Fey posted:

you sound m*d
okay i laughed

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Office Pig posted:

well this one's new

More like modbrain lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, as a retarded person myself, i grant everyone in this thread an honorary r word card

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Rascal

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Woke scolding is fundamentally classist.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
ive been called the r word hundreds of times irl alone, maybe thousands, lots of consecutive years in a row day in day out if you count online occurences, but fortunately im not neurotypical so idgaf about sheeet lol

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Robinette?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ribald

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
I dont want to get probated twice in 24 hours for saying it lol

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
rigid

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

lotta gamers rly attached to their gamer word itt

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Randy which is another word for horny which is prohibited

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
R*agan

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Have we considered the fact that the word has been successfully repurposed and it no longer is used to insult the disabled but rather the brokebrained libs who want to keep their families below the poverty line?

a new study bible! has issued a correction as of 15:08 on Jan 24, 2021

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Calling the Dutch kankers is racist, but I wont stop. Cant.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

water head baby

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Have we considered the fact that the word has been successfully repurposed and it no longer is used to insult the disabled but rather the brokebrained libs who want to keep their families below the poverty line?

counterpoint younger people have been raised with treating this word as a taboo and in many irl circumstances thats going 2 feel offensive to ppl for completely sane reasons making u the old fogey that cant change and ppl have to write off as a vulgar old grump stuck in another era

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

bird. posted:

counterpoint younger people have been raised with treating this word as a taboo and in many irl circumstances thats going 2 feel offensive to ppl for completely sane reasons making u the old fogey that cant change and ppl have to write off as a vulgar old grump stuck in another era

the truanon norman finkelstein interview he kept dropping the nword and they kept bleeping it and i thought they were cowards tbh

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm glad you agree

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ive known people with mental disabilities who were far more decent and considerate people than anyone i might be tempted to call the r word so that seems really unfair to use a slur against them because someone else is being a selfish prick or unreflectively condescending

theres a difference between not behaving smartly within your capabilities and not being able, in the same way for physical ability that its different to die of tazing your own balls versus having testicular cancer

in summary, i prefer modbrain

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

just sayin i dont think its entirely lib poo poo even if it started that way and the repurposing notion May Just Be a thing in your mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

bird. posted:

yeah theres definitely a generation gap here. i'm a Late 20s Something and everybody i know was taught it was just a word you don't say